Sunday, August 24, 2014

Flashback Friday: Poutine, Pierogis, and Tim Horton's, OH MY!


Friday:

Kees is scoping something out.  We had a welcome lunch at the GoodSeed office, so we were cooking potatoes and getting ready in the morning.

We made salt crusted potatoes.  It was different, I thought it was too salty, but Doug thought they were okay if you had plenty of toppings on them.  They were pretty!



 Potato bar, courtesy of Sandy, my new best friend!  If I'm being honest, everyone's my best friend, but I do love Sandy.

After we got home, the kids hung out on the balcony for a little while.


We had dinner at our pastor's house.  I guess he's not technically "ours" since we'd only visited the church once at this point.  But, they're from Texas.  They fed us lasagna and had Dr. Pepper, sweet tea, and chocolate pie.


Saturday:

The church was having a softball game in the park on Saturday, so we decided to cheer them on.  Kora also decided to start a new fashion trend, she used my belt, sort of like suspenders.  I thought it looked cute and surprisingly, she kept it on the whole time we were there.


Kees really wanted it to rain!

Victory dance, rain!!


Cheering.


Kora is playing with H's Snoopy.  (H is one of the pastor's boys, but I don't post other people's kids pictures, as much as possible, unless I know their parents wouldn't mind. And I don't use their names either)





























On our way home, we stopped at the new Jack in the Box and tried a shake and a donut.

Kees is licking his lips, cause he loves donuts.






Kees fell asleep on the couch, then he woke up, stumbled around, mumbled, went over to the bar sipped his drink, and laid down in the bar stool.  Silly, sweet boy, sleep walking like Doug did when he was little.


Sunday:

We went back to the same church, again. This time, I picked up a clipboard for Kees that they have in a big tub in the back.  The ziplock bag had crayons and a sucker. How cool is that?! What a great way to make families feel welcome.



Kees ate the sucker, then fell asleep.

We met my friend at the park.  I visited with her while the kids played.  Such cuties.





Monday:

I spent all day cleaning and packing, getting ready for our trip to Canada.  The kids did a great job entertaining themselves.











Tuesday:

On the road to Canada!










At the border, notice the tree line?







Lunch and a playground








  Almost there.  This is a truck that got turned over, there was a fire truck too!

Getting poutine and perogies at Smitty's. We realized too late, that this WASN'T the best place to get poutine.  FYI: Poutine is french fries, with cheese curds and gravy on top.




Our guest suite.  We had such a great time, with the BEST hosts! There were all kind of toys for the kids and great company.



Wednesday:

More hospitality.  Lunch at the office, watching a movie with friends.


Hanging out.

Dinner, Kees had already excused himself, so he could go take a nap, and Kora fell asleep eating.






Thursday:

Another office lunch, the food was so good. They are amazing at hosting people up in Canada.  Trying to figure out how I can get invited back.





Steve brought me a french vanilla, it was so yummy!  I felt like royalty.

The backyard was hours of fun!






These are the last of the pictures from Thursday, Friday we traveled down to bible camp. Stay tuned, more pictures coming your way, hopefully actually ON Friday this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment