Saturday, August 16, 2014

Flashback Friday: The Joys of Home

Friday:

Now that we are back home, we can take long baths, and use our shaving cream paint.  The kids do a great job cleaning up too.  Except they fight over the green sponge.

Silly kiddos.  Kees wanted to wear his name tag from the BBQ.


Crazy, crazy kids.  The vacation fairy gave the kids those multi-colored clicky pens.  When we were leaving Branson I packed all their gifts together.  I DID keep the candy separate, but neglected to keep the pens out.  I had the kids put all their new stuff away in their room, and didn't realize they had them.  I found pretty quickly, when Kees came running and said "Kora's using a marker on the bed!!!"  Now the pens have been removed and safely stored, and Kora has been reminded that writing happens at the table.


When we got back from Oklahoma, my great friend Sandy stocked our fridge and gave us a giant sub sandwich.  It fed several times over. We were eating the last of it on Friday, I cut it up on this pull out cutting board.  Kora and I both managed to get injured.  I sent Doug the following text: "I don't always use our pull out cutting board, but when I do, Kora walks into it face first, and I slam my upper thigh into!"

Enjoying our sandwich!



Wish I could remember what this was about!


Kora loves the Jack and the Beanstalk book she got from Ginny.


Reading!

Friday has always been my FAVORITE day of the week.  It's the beginning of the weekend, there's fresh hope about what you'll do on your days off.  Growing up, I loved going to school on Fridays, spelling tests, special treats, popcorn, spirit days, pep rallies, football games, sleep overs, and pizza!  Our family always had pizza on Friday nights.  I got married on a Friday night, and we served pizza at the reception.  Ahhhh, I love, love, love FRIDAYS!!!

This Friday evening was fabulous!  Had a great time with my family, and an hour alone mixed in there too!

Doug came home, made us some fried rice, then took the kids to swim.



I would normally go swimming too, but I decided to stay home and hoard these Oreos instead.  They taste 100 times better without kids climbing all over me begging for some.

As they were coming up, Doug was chasing them making a snarly wolf sound.

Kees was scared!

This girl thinks the world is her jungle gym.

Sandy, found us a steal of a deal on a popcorn popper at a garage sale.  Doug had two going, roasting coffee beans.

Then he popped popcorn!




Adding the melted butter!



Saw this on Facebook, not sure if this is a real thing, but HAPPY COUSINS DAY!!!




Saturday:

Beach day, after sleeping in, of course!



Kora loves squeezing and pinching people.  It's how she shows love.

The first two were from my cell phone, the rest are from my camera.  We went to Honeysuckle Beach this time.




Kora's lunch!



The birds scoping out Kora's lunch.

Kees wanted me to come with him. The water was COLD, it took some convincing!







The birds came back!

Kees decided to scare the birds away, he was slow and quiet, he crept up behind them flapping his wings.  They backed off some. Then Kora joined in, flapping, running fast, and screaming.  They flew far away after that!!!



Doug went for a walk around the dock.  He took some pictures, when he got back the kids wanted to go, so I took them.







As soon as we got back, they wanted to go again.  So Doug took a turn!





Kora got right into this car float with a little boy and they went pretty far away.  Kees was following right behind them, then Doug went out to bring them back.

They borrowed this crocodile from the same little boy.



Kees is explaining to Doug about all the things his boat can turn into.  It can be a submarine, a plane, a race car, a surfboard, a fish, and a boat.


Right as we were getting home, I got a text from Sandy inviting us over for Turkish food.  Of course I said I yes, I love food almost as much as I love people!  That gave me about 2 hours to clean house.  I was quite a busy bee, then we headed over.  I wanted to snap a picture of Doug driving and caught him yawning.  :)





After dinner we played in the back yard, and checked out Gayle's garden.


Aunt Sandy was getting Kora's toes.


Kora was happy to taste all kinds of things.  She didn't love the kale.



A Mickey Mouse puzzle, plus coffee and cookies!  Kees was playing with Duplos and made a cook ship.  I was so busy talking I didn't get a picture!  Bad Momma!

Kora found some sugar  I left behind.


I made Sandy and Alan pose for this one.  Sandy makes some amazing Turkish food.  Love having new friends! (I also love all my old friends too, don't worry about that!)

Sunday:

We visited a new church on Sunday.  Kora was quite a hit in the nursery because they have mostly boys.  Kees colored in his coloring book, then took a nap.


I napped Sunday afternoon, and then did some more cleaning.  We went back to church the same church Sunday evening to watch "God's Not Dead".


On our way out of the church, I saw this sign, my dad saw a similar one in Branson and liked it, so I had Doug get a picture of this one to show him.



Monday:

I guess our weekend wore Kees out, because he slept and slept Monday morning!



She was saying, "Wake up, Bubba, morning time!"

On Saturday, I tried to throw these balloons away.  Kees was sad, so I let him pick how many days we keep them till we say "good-bye" to them.  He picked 9, I made a count down for him.

I was working on the blog and pulled out our calendar to take a picture.  We haven't been doing our school work since it's been summer time.  When the kids saw the calendar, they begged me to do school work. So we did!  Our bible story was about Moses sending Caleb and 11 other spies to scout out Canaan.  We pretended the coat closet was Canaan and I sent the kids to scout it out and find various items. They loved it!  

I'm still in the process of organizing and putting the kids clothes away.  Kora picked her clothes, pink pants and a pink shirt.  She loves pink!


Memory match!!

Kees got a couple matches in a row, he had quite the victory dance.

Stacking up our piles to see who won.


After memory match, we turned not the AC and took a nap.  Well, the kids took a nap, I worked on clipping and organizing coupons.

Doug got home, we ate dinner, then I ran to the store. When I got back, I gave Kees a much needed haircut. Kora insisted on one too, so I trimmed her "bangs".  We're just trying to get hers to grow out into a non mullet formation, not sure trimming the bangs helps, but it made her happy, and it gets them out of eyes.



I bought this cool squirty squeegee for doing our windows and glass doors.  The kids have been using it too. :)



Tuesday:

Kees playing with his car mat.


I pulled out the box clippings "Legos and Labels", for Kora to play.

She is drinking from the tea cup.


Kees came over and found a few things that match!


Time to clean the windows! :)

Dot a dot!  We sure have missed all our stuff!  When Kora put her shirt on, she said, "Wampaw shirt!"  It says, "Grandpa's Sidekick!"



Both of my kids love taking care of their babies.  I guess it was nap time.

They're having a sack race.  They did this all on their own.


They play well together most of the time.  That always puts a smile on my face.

Eating apple slices.

They set up limbo.  The string is from that balloon that we're counting down to get rid of.


Ahhhh, nap time.  What a wonderful world!

Popsicles!


Rain!

Doug is helping lead a bible study on Tuesday evenings.  I had planned to take the kids to the park earlier in the day, and then it rained, so we went to McDonald's play place.

We had already eaten dinner, but I usually at least buy a drink.  Kees requested french fries.  We had to wait 15 minutes!  What?!

Mmmm...ketchup!




Before we left for McDonald's we poured red popsicle juice into the molds, and put them in the freezer.  We only filled them halfway, then we put the green in, after we got home.

We were mesmerized!

Wednesday:

Kora loves eating honey butter!

Kora drew a rainbow. I was working on a project and drinking my coffee.

Kees was still asleep, but Kora got some dancing in with her baby.

When Kees finally woke up, Kora brought him his juice and a coconut water.











We decided to walk over to the Kroc center so the kids could play.



The indoor play place. We ended up leaving a little earlier than we planned because I didn't realize you needed to have socks to play.


Kora fell down, and it ripped a hole in her pants!


When we got home, we took a nap.  Woke up, ate dinner, and then I went shopping for some groceries.


Thursday:

Some of you may remember from last week that the kids got their new toys taken away because they were fighting over them.  It was finally a week, and I put Kora's Mickey Mouse by her chair.  She was so happy.  She was kissing her baby.

I think she was disgruntled because I hadn't put milk in her cereal yet.

We got to help host a welcome lunch at the GoodSeed office this week.  Our van was getting worked on, so we walked to the store and met Aunt Sandy to buy all the stuff for a potato bar. That's how you welcome people to Idaho, with potatoes!  We took a little longer to get there because we had to pick up lots of treasures, pine cones and rocks.




We were all sporting our OU gear.




I remembered to pack socks for the kids and we went to the play place on our way home from the store.  Such a great place for the kids to burn some energy on rainy/cloudy days.



Love their faces!  Such little sweeties!

Kees is always watching out for Kora.  He protects her and he also explains things to her.  I love to hear how sweetly he talks to her, makes me feel like I'm doing something right. :)





Kees did a dance when he got to the bottom. Maybe he'll invent a new end zone dance someday!





We saw a cricket/grasshopper.  I don't really know the difference.

Snack time!

I let the kids skip their nap.  We've been taking them pretty regularly since we got back from our trip, just catching up, and the weather has been napping weather. :)  Kora said she wanted to take a nap, and she wanted to wear pajamas.  So I let her put them on, but she didn't take a nap.  They did decided to wash their picnic table and sand table.

Kees asked if he looked like a mechanic.  I think, he thinks, if you wear jeans you look like a mechanic.  Then he said, "I look like a mechanic, and Kora looks like a sweet baby meow meow."

Skipping nap made Kora tired.  She wanted to eat every last grain of rice, but she was running out of steam.




Kees being silly, and Kora loving on daddy.



It's been a great week.  Time is flying, and we're heading up to Canada next week. So, I'll be working on cleaning and packing the next few days.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

1 comment:

  1. Another great job, like a visual diary I enjoyed every bit of it.love and prayers grandpabooo

    ReplyDelete