Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Part of the Team

We just got back from bible camp yesterday, and the resounding thought in my mind, is how thankful I am to be part of the team.  In fact, it's even better than a team, it's more like a family.  God has blessed us so much in the last year, and one of my favorite blessings is the family he's given us here. I had so many long, heart to heart chats this past week, and each and every friendship grew.  I was sad when the time was over, and also brimming with excitement and joy. God is good, and so are his people!  I heard such amazing stories, from around the world. I cried, and laughed, and cried some more.  I'm very thankful to be home, safe and sound, and I know I'll sleep well tonight, in my own bed. But if they planned another bible camp for tomorrow, I'd be on the road lickety-split!

Campfire, at sunset, beautiful!

And to just add icing and a big fat cherry on top, BOTH of my children happily went to their classes, while we were in meetings.  We had a lovely family volunteer to watch our kids this past week, they taught our kids bible stories, and songs, and did such an amazing job all around.  So, so thankful, for them, and for all the many hours that went into planning our week.

The view from our room
Have no fear, there will be tons of pictures from camp and our drive home, in my Friday post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment