Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: Consequences

I studied early childhood education in college (OU!!).  A major theme in my education was the idea of choice, and subsequently consequences of those choices, good or bad.  Most of the time, when we think of consequences, we think of negative consequences.  But, there are often good consequences as well!



Last week I mentioned that over the coming weeks, I'd be looking at different people in the bible, who followed God's instructions, even when they seemed bizarre or didn't make sense in our understanding.  As I've been thinking about it, I've decided to include those who made poor decisions as well.  Each week, we will see a choice that is made, and consequences that follow, good or bad.

Now, where to begin?  At any given moment I have about 20 ideas bouncing around my head, and it's anyone's guess as to which one will win out, and be the one that makes it to the blog.  I write and re-write in my head, all the time, and there are thousands of blogs that never get written because something else becomes the last thought I have before I sit down to type.

For these entries, I'd like to be somewhat organized and have a logical sequence. I'm still working on that!  At first, I planned on beginning with Adam and Eve, but as I dug a little (i.e. googled bible chronology), I realized there was someone who made a BAD choice even before Adam and Eve. And that was Lucifer!  I'm excited to write these posts, because I know God is going to teach me so much as I study.  My prayer is that it will show me more about God's character, and more about my need for him.  And reading God's word, is always a good idea.  In fact, in Isaiah, it says:

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, 
Nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord.  
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 
So are My ways higher than your ways 
And my thoughts than your thoughts.  
"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, 
And do not return there without watering the earth 
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and
bread to the eater;
So wil My word be which goes forth from my mouth;
It will not return to me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
"For you will go out with joy
And be led forth with peace....
(Isaiah 55:8-12)

Next week, we'll begin with Lucifer.  I thought about writing that TODAY, but decided I'd like to plan all of these out, study, and meditate on God's word.  I don't want to write, just to get it done.  I want it to have a lasting impact on my heart.  Today, I am dwelling on the passage above, and praying that I will be teachable.

Love, love, to all of you!





No comments:

Post a Comment