Friday, November 21, 2014

Flashback Friday: Seussical, Sickness, and SNOW!

Friday:

My kids put on the best shows, with a variety of songs, and even wardrobe changes.






That awkward moment when you look behind the couch and realize the two year old is feeding her babies stale bread, REAL bread.  Nice.


Doug went to Winter Jam on Friday, but he was able to come home for a few minutes before he left.  So the kids got to see him.



Crazy fun night with Momma....


And I guess I'm not qualified to put the blanket over the blinds. Whoops! I did manage to fix this, but not before I had a good laugh and sent Doug a picture. ;)




Kees has been asking me to get out the massage chair ever since I used the one at Costco and told him he didn't need a turn because we had one at home.  I finally just told him, we'd wait till Daddy was gone one night and get it out.

What's with the creepy red hot tiny human feet?!

Their babies needed turns.



Dance party, take 1!




Kees got some ice, and sucked it down until it looked like a chair.


Helping Kora do who knows what....


He turned the ice upside down and said it looked like "a cow's milk dispenser". Okay, he didn't say milk dispenser, but what he said wasn't appropriate, so you figure it out.


All evening, people who were with Doug posted pictures.  He didn't post any, but I'm glad other people did!!




He's the cool guy at the concert with bright orange ear plugs.
Dance party, take 2! I had them clean up the WHOLE house, and I vacuumed before this round of fun.




Kees was able to put Mickey on his back, Goofy's legs would wrap around Kora, so we shoved him down into her hoodie.




When Kees sees open floor space, his mind wanders....must get out car mat.



To round off our evening we read every Dr. Seuss book we had, in preparation for Seussical.  I forgot that I have "Horton Hatches an Egg" up in the closet, and I really wish we would have read that one again before the show.



Saturday:

I slept late, ate pancakes that Doug made, ran to the store, and then we got ready to go to Seussical!!! I love Kora's hat, perfect!



And they came up with this pose on their own...

Walking into the Kroc center!





There were several failed attempts, but this one finally came out...


Trying to get all 4 of us.





Intermission snack, not sure about their faces in these, but they crack me up.



Doug had to check the OU score, and listen to part of the game.



When Seussical was over, the kids and Doug stayed to play at the indoor play place, and I made a mad dash to gather up goodies to take to the Ladies Pinterest party at church.  I didn't do any crafting, but I brought my massage chair, and nail stuff, plus treats of course.


I used the Sally Henson nail sticker thingies.  People were interested in how you apply them.  They should not ask me, because just a few hours later, I had to re-do 5 of them, and by the following evening, less than 24 hours later, I was back to old school nail painting.  I think my nails are extra-oily, or I am just terrible at applying them, or both.



Sunday:

Sunday morning!  Hooray!  We went to Sunday School, and then worship, but Kees and I left after the songs so I could teach Children's Church.  

Kees shared equally with Marvel.  I thought it was so funny because he did this for a long time, and if Kees kept it in his mouth for a long time, he made sure Duckee had a longer time too.


In Children's church!

Memory


Getting served some delicious food!


After church, we had a delicious lunch, sweet soy chicken, sticky rice, and cucumber.  Then I took a nap, and it was time to head back.  We've been helping in the youth on Sunday evenings. This week we played balloon dodge ball.  Hilarious!!




When everyone started crouching down, I couldn't help but think they looked like a show down in Twilight.



We're terrible parents.  Our kids are always starving by the time we get home from church on Sunday nights.  I'm gonna have to start sending them with sandwiches and fruit or something.  So we had late night macaroni!






Taking her stuff to the dirty clothes hamper.



Hide and Seek!!!














Monday:

Miss Renee sent us home from church Sunday night with cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk.  So delicious!


This week Kora has been bringing me her bible book, and we read it together first thing.


Can't even remember what they were playing....



Growing a garden for their inmates.  The red mega blocks are red chiles.


Reading time!




The ladies from church and I, volunteered at a nearby shelter. We wiped tables and chairs, swept, served dinner, chatted with some of the residents, and helped clean up.  I ended up not being that much help with the clean up after because I got too busy chatting with one of the ladies.  But it was great to spend time there, and I hope we are able to go back again soon.






A cross in their chapel made out of railroad nails or whatever you call them.





Kees was saving this, I may have accidentally knocked it off when I was wiping the table, whoops.  He was a good sport about rebuilding it.



Tuesday:

Early morning reading with Kora, and the beginning of my sickness.  I started out feeling crazy tired. So I didn't even think I was sick, just worn out.  Needless to say, I managed to make it through the day, but I didn't take very many pictures.

Doug reading to the kids.






Wednesday:

I woke up earlier than usual Wednesday morning feeling sick to my stomach.

I laid around all day, but managed to get a few pictures here and there.  And Doug took some of the kids making toast for me.





Kees looking at his USA map from Aunt Kristee.


Making toast, I took a few from where I was sitting, but all the good ones of them making the toast, Doug took.













After bath, Kees hiked his pants up like Steve Urkel. Pretty sure he doesn't know what that is, but hiking pants up super high, is one of my dad's favorite things to do. He passed that love on to Kees.  Always good for a laugh!!!






Thursday:

We woke up to SNOW!  And unfortunately, I was still sick.  Doug stayed home so the kids would survive the day.  I was so, so sad to be sick on our first real snow day.  I missed all the fun, but they took pictures for me!





Playing with their babies.


Kees teaching Kora to play War. Wish I would have recorded him explaining it to her.  He talks so sweetly to her, melts my heart every time.


They were outside quite a while. I heard them laughing from my window.  So glad they got pictures for me! Here is a funny video of Doug attempting to push them down the hill in a box.  Kora says, "again" at the end. So cute.








Here's hoping my sickness has passed and I will be 100% able to stuff my face on Thanksgiving.  And also, let's hope no one else at my house gets sick!



No comments:

Post a Comment