Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Dads Do it Better

In our house, I'm realizing there are just certain things that Dads do better.  I'm not saying I can't do them, and I'm not making broad statements either.  In your house mom may do some or all of these things better.

But here's my list:

1. Mornings 


    I love weekends.  I sleep in and Doug makes breakfast for the kids.  UH-mazing!

2. Poppping popcorn


    Doug makes the best popcorn on the stove top.  Always the perfect amount of salt!

3. Making fried rice


    I know I've mentioned this before, but usually one night a week Doug whips up some garlic fried          rice. I love it, the kids love it.  EVERYONE loves it.


4. Caring for a scared child


    I've realized when the kids are scared, Daddy is the go to guy.  It's so sweet.  Both my kids prefer mom plenty of times, so I encourage them running to Dad when they're scared.





5. Enforcing things


    Let's face it, I'm a push over.  Sometimes I just need a little back up.  And Doug is great at saying, "I heard momma say we're not gonna do that."  More than once he's said that just as I was feeling weak.  Way to go Dad!

6. Playing ball


   Kees is loving football, and Kora loves being a part of the group.  So, we've had lots of throwing and catching lately.  Doug's a great teacher, and he's able to play much longer than I would.


7. Building snowmen


    I love the snow, and I'm outfitted for it.  But today, it was so nice to have Doug take the kids out to play!  They had a blast.  Any time Doug takes the kids outside, I get a few moments to myself. And they always take pictures for me.


8. Dispensing medicine (and getting them to actually take it)


    Doug's approach to doling out medicine when the kids are sick, just seems to work.

9. Brushing teeth


    We both brush our kids teeth, but I just think Doug does it a little better.  He's very thorough.

10. All Things Electronic


     Doug hooks up our projector, finds fun movies (not always in English, hee, hee), and keeps our electronics up and running.

11. Swimming


      My kids love to swim, and so does their dad! I loved getting to go to the "beach" over the summer, and our trips were always way better when Doug came to swim with the kids.



12. Explaining Things





13. Roasting Marshmallows



14. Finishing Things


     I'm an idea person, and great at starting projects.  Not as great at completing tasks, or estimating how long things will actually take.  I cannot count the number of times, Doug has come in, and helped me finish a task or clean up after a hair-brain idea.  When I bite off more than I can chew, Doug gets us to the finish line, every single time!

15. Making me laugh







The point of this is to say a big THANK YOU to the best hubby and dad I know.  Perfect for me and our family.  Love, love that guy!


1 comment:

  1. Awh. It's not even your anniversary, or fathers day! Thank you Doug.

    ReplyDelete