Friday, November 14, 2014

Flashback Friday: Camo, Football, and Tricky Trades

Friday:


We finally made it to Science class. My friend, Carrie, invited us to come a while back.  And we finally made it. They were learning about the 5 senses.






First up, smelling!


Tasting








And heading back to our car, we decided to go visit Sandy and kill time before we needed to pick Doug up.





Sandy had snacks!!


My kids love books!




We picked Doug up from work, and had an hour before we headed over to some friend's house to eat dinner. We decided to take a night drive to Sonic, about ten miles away, look at the moon!!!



Saturday:

One of our co-worker's daughter was getting married.  I helped in the kitchen. Bonnie was the mastermind, and Dean made some amazing gravy and coffee.




I picked Doug and the kids up in time for the wedding, but we ended up staying down in the kitchen, to get the food set out.


Bonnie thought she found lotion, but it didn't rub in very easily.


After the wedding, my kids ran around while we worked on clean up.



As we were walking out, Kees told me he figured this tree out.  He said, "This isn't a real tree.  It's paper and it's wrapped around a pole."  Nothing gets past him!



We hung out at Dean and Bonnie's a little while before we headed home.


This is Bonnie's chart of history.  It is SO cool.  She explained some cool stuff to us.



Sunday:

Camo Sunday at church!  We had so much fun dressing up.  Camo ribbon for Kora and I. And camo vests for both kids. Maybe if we do it again next year, I'll be able to find camo at a thrift store for cheap.  Doug didn't have any!!!








Conked out!




Monday:

These kids are hilarious!  I was attempting to take a shower, and they both interrupted me. The second interruption from Kees was to tell me that Kora took her clothes off.  So, I got dressed and threw them in the tub.  Might as well!




Kees drew a picture of Oklahoma play OSU.  Do you see the referree? (far left, black)  What about the football?  (middle bottom)  And the score was 11 to 6, you can see the 11 is circled at the top, in the middle.


And guess what he wanted to do when Doug got home?  You guessed it, play football.  He's getting better and better at throwing and catching.



Kora got this adorable outfit from my mom in our Halloween package.  Isn't she a doll!?








Tuesday:

Catching up on some school work.  We did reading first.


While we were reading....




Kees was working on numbers and Kora used the dot a dot markers to make circles.




Kees is counting to seventy using his unifix cubes.




Now he's putting the number cards in order.








MONEY MONEY MONEY!  Kees has been collecting coins, so we decided to count his money together, and we worked on what the names and values of the coins are.




And then my kids decided I was their patient.  They put two of their baby dolls up my shirt and I gave birth to twins: a duck and a bunny.




My fake preggo belly.


I had to eat all this food before I could deliver the babies.


Kora was my doctor. They were so happy as I "delivered" the babies.


Kees likes to practice cutting boxes and magazines. He was collecting the pieces he wanted to keep.



When Doug got home the gets squealed and ran down the hallway, but he caught them!


Kees was showing Doug the numbers he wrote.


Helping mommy, doing dishes.







Wednesday:

I got to speak at the ladies luncheon at our church on Wednesday.  I was so beyond nervous, and not sure why.  I've spoken in front of tons of people over the last few years, but this one was such a challenge.  Doug was so sweet, and helped me stay focused.  He even took me by McDonald's and bought me a Dr. Pepper on the way, and then got me a holiday Starbucks drink on the way home.  It went well, I think, but I was relieved to have it done with!

Kees is all bundled up, ready to go!



Getting the lining put back in Kora's coat.  She's been choosing pony tails lately, and they come out when she gets home.


We got home, and I needed some fun, so we played a game, and read books.  After I read 4 books or so, the kids read to each other for 45 minutes.  It blessed my heart to hear them giggle.







Kora had me fix her bunny's hair in a pony tail.  And I took this picture as a "before" cause the babies needed washed, BAD!


After 3 washes.....the after.



Thursday:

We had fun listening to Mercy Me's song "Greater"  ALL DAY LONG.  We danced, we drummed, it was amazing!





Kees was so happy Marvel (the duck) got clean.


Reading time, and yes, I'm wearing monkey santa pajama pants, because I can.  Not to mention it's freezing here, so I'm never leaving my house.









And camo!


Kora is a Momma Bunny, Kees is hunting a bear.


I cannot keep track of all the imaginary play with these two.  I think Kora told me she is Sheriff Callie Bunny.


Kees wanted to make a pom-pom run.  Kora wanted to tape pom-poms to the wall. Fun all around.







This Halloween candy is lasting FOREVER, and I don't mean that in a good way.  My kids have been allowed one piece a day.  But I do let them play with it and count it. They took their baby dolls trick or treating.


How cute are they?!





Kees and I were counting money Wednesday, talking about the value of each coin.  And I pointed out that 2 dimes might seem like more than 1 quarter, but it's kind of like a trick, because 20 cents is less than 25 cents.  He thought it was so fun to trick his bear.  he traded a dime and a penny for a quarter.  He was so impressed with himself, and I was impressed too!!




Kees decided to measure things!







And I found Kora climbing up, to put a magnet back.





No comments:

Post a Comment