Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Top Ten

What can I say, it's been a crazy week?  I could say that, but really, when ISN'T it a crazy week.  So, I've decided to compose a list of my Top Ten Thankful Things since last Thursday.  And because I'm legit, we'll start with number ten and work our way to number one.

#10  I'm thankful that not having a yard, means not having to mow, and no ground hogs!

Just heard from my friend Alicia about an unwanted yard dweller at her place, she likened it to a rat...not cool.  It was funny she mentioned it because I'd already been thinking how nice it was to not have the responsibility of a yard at this point in time, as the lawn crew mowed and my kids stalked them. Kora even drew pictures of what they were doing.

#9  I'm thankful for coffee...and the caffiene it provides.

I recently had a "friend", or should I say, "self proclaimed life coach", desperately plead with me about how detrimental it is to drink such a sorry excuse for coffee.  And because I'm prone to over sharing, I'll just tell you, I drink instant Foldgers, with two scoops of toffee cappuccino flavoring, and an obscene amount of sugar.  Sweet goodness!  I have a feeling my "life coach" is going to be disappointed that I've made no progress toward drinking "real" coffee.

#8  I'm thankful for technologyI was able to work from home today.  


It was amazing to be "in a meeting" and have my two year old snuggled right up to me eating a banana.  God is so good to provide such a great team for us to work with here in Idaho (and Canada).  Isn't technology amazing!? Before the real meeting we practiced with Doug.

#7  I'm thankful for access to TWO toilets.  

 

We had a plumbing issue this week, and while I was tempted to be annoyed at having to walk a few extra steps to the back bathroom, I chose to be thankful instead.

#6  I'm thankful for our washer and dryer.

Especially when it started raining sideways and soaked our bed and make shift curtains.  Clean up was easy peasy, not that I know first hand.  I shut the door and ignored the problem and Doug took care of it all when he got home.

#5  I'm thankful for a husband who puts up with me.

I could have at least attempted to shut the windows when it started raining, but I didn't want to get wet. And in all honestly, I had an irrational fear that I would fall out of our 3rd floor apartment. 

#4  I am thankful that when I discovered Kora's purple Carebear had taken a swim in the toilet, it was swimming alone....if you catch my drift. 

 (See also, number 6, about the washer and dryer...crisis averted).

#3  I am thankful that I am in a place in my life where I can be choosy about the color of plastic grocery sacks I re-use as trash liners.  

I recently sorted all our bags by color, kept the white ones and sent the rest to be recycled, but not before we pretended they were a giant pile of leaves and played in them!


#2  I am thankful that when I discover Kora doing things like this:





I can laugh, because I know I'll be able to blog about it, and laughing is better than crying.  And if you're wondering how this happened, I'll tell you. I was attempting a new recipe for dinner last week and Kora wanted to help.  I let her sit next to me, yes, next to me, and somehow despite her close proximity, she still managed, without me noticing, to not only grab the pepper, but take the lid off and dump half of it out. WHA?!?  (That's like saying "what",  you just drop the "t" sound...I should really just start video blogging...vlogging if you will)

#1  I am thankful that the diaper I found at the BOTTOM of our dirty laundry was just wet.  

(I am also thankful that I do laundry very frequently, so it hadn't been there very long. And again, see number 6, about the washer and dryer, not sure how long they'll be running considering their over use!)

Hope you found the humor in our absurdity.  There are so many more things I'm thankful for, like parks, hiking trails, family, good friends, a willing babysitter, dates with Doug, creative projects, and the fact that Kora's hair is finally long enough for a pony tail!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment