Monday, June 9, 2014

Manic Monday: Oil and Water Shakers

Week #3: Oil and Water Shakers


You Will Need:

Oil
Water
Empty bottle
Food Coloring
Objects that sink (rocks, coins)
Objects that float (foam beads, glitter, pieces of pipe cleaner, cut up straws)

We did not get fancy with our shakers.  I am impatient by nature, and when I get an idea, I want to make it happen, like yesterday.  I may end up re-doing something a couple of times to get it just how I want it, but I'm not the type to plan and consider every scenario. That's Doug's job. :)  I'm not advocating this, mind you, just being honest.  At least once a day, I kick myself for not thinking something through a little more.  Have you ever heard the song, "He's Still Working on Me"?  (You can watch a video of this song, here.  Yeah, that song is my mantra.


So, in a year or so, we may make these again, and add on to the activity, but for now, we just stuck with oil, water, and food coloring in our bottles.  I will admit that I searched high and low to get the size, shape, and opacity in the bottles we used.  The drinks inside were okay, but I mostly bought the drinks just for these bottles.  I know, it's lame.



No comments:

Post a Comment