Monday, June 16, 2014

Manic Monday: Soft Dough (2 ingredients)

Week #3: Soft Dough


There's no need to link to directions on this one because it's so easy!

All you *need* is cornstarch and conditioner.  Just mix 2 part cornstarch with 1 part conditioner. (you could add food coloring if you want)

Here's what we did:

2 cups cornstarch
1 cup conditioner
A few drops of food coloring (*optional)


Just mix them together in a bowl, and add in food coloring if you want to.

Here's a few things I love about this recipe:

1. No cooking
2. Amazing smell
3. Inexpensive
4. Easy to make
5. Softens hands
6. Great way to use up conditioner

Okay, if you use fancy schmancy conditioner, by all means, stop what you are doing and go to the Dollar Store to get conditioner.  V05/White Rain/Suave are all inexpensive and you can even go with a fruity smell. If I were buying conditioner for this, I think I'd go with coconut for summer.  This time, I had some random conditioner I bought for $1 and hated.  I was *trying* to save money, but that doesn't work if you purchase a product and then don't want to use it.  I had used it a couple times, then put it in storage for "emergencies", like if I ran out of conditioner, my legs were broken, Doug had passed away, and I had no contact with the outside world.  But, you never know...  then, along came this recipe...SCORE!  I was able to use up the conditioner and NOT feel bad about wasting it. Glad I didn't toss it!

Here's the other exciting thing, my kids have been on a Gingerbread Man kick lately. We have several versions of the story, and Doug pretends to make the kids into cookies and then chases them around the apartment...sorry downstairs neighbors.  So, Kees had asked if we could make cookies, but we had ZERO cookie cutters. I decided to peruse Amazon because I honestly wouldn't know where to begin to look for a gingerbread cookie cutter OUT OF SEASON. They were all in the $5 range. I stumbled across this set. It was $11 for 101 cookie cutters! (It's gone up in price to $15 (make that $16.99!!), but Amazon prices tend to fluctuate, so if you check back frequently you might get a better deal than I did!!) This set has 4 gingerbread cutters, all the letters, numbers, and every holiday.  My kids were in heaven. We used them with our old play dough (post about that is here).




I had recently seen a post about the recipe I'm sharing today, and thought it would be perfect to try with our new cookie cutters.

The dough was a little dry, so I added an extra squirt of conditioner. Then, it seemed too wet, but once I incorporated the conditioner, it was perfect.  I love this dough, I'm not sure how I've never made it before.  The smell alone makes it worth it!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment