Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Reinstating Naptime

We gave up naps over a month ago.  It was a tough decision because I LOVE nap time, but Kees will only take a 3 hour nap (crazy long) and Kora fights the nap far longer than she actually sleeps, then doesn't want to fall asleep at bed time.  She's so different than Kees.

The first week with no naps was tough, but since then, we've adjusted and it's been nice not having our day cut in half.

However, Idaho does not acknowledge summer. When we gave up nap time, we were going for walks and playing at the park in the beautiful sunshine.  Now that it's been COLD, I've been wearing hoodies, had to scrounge around to get the kids warm stuff back out, and we've been running the heater in the van!  It's bizarro world.  I'm 95% certain I will not survive the actual winter.


So, yesterday and today, we took naps.  Lovely, glorious rainy day naps.  That's how we roll, when life gives us dreary weather, we snuggle, read books, and reinstate naptime.  Yesterday, Kees, after sleeping 12 hours the night before, took a 3 1/2 hour nap. No wonder he's growing so fast!

And since it's thankful Thursday, I am also thankful that Doug is finally feeling better.  Well enough to cook dinner for us two nights in a row!  His garlic fried rice is to die for.  I'm trying to get him to show me how to make it, so I can share the recipe with you all, but no promises.

Hope you all are making the most of your week, and if you are actually enjoying SUMMER weather, soak in some extra rays for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment