Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Keesisms (Part 2)

Kees is hilarious. He is always saying funny things, not always meaning to be funny.  This week, I actually remembered to jot some of them down.

Last Saturday, we went on a boat tour, after we got off, Kees said,

"Shoot, nobody died on that boat or fell off."

Several hours later, as he overheard me telling someone what he'd said, he interjected, "That's not what I said Momma! I said, 'Shoo, nobody died on that boat or fell off!"

Very glad he clarified.  And in case you were thinking he's morbid, he more than likely overheard one of the several times I shouted at Doug because I just knew Kora was going to jump over the side of the boat.



In less dramatic news, I did spot Kora licking the pole under our table.  If my choices are her hanging her head over the side of the boat or licking something disgusting, I'll go with the latter.


Another night this last week, as Kees and I were cleaning up his room, I found a "Lego Movie" flier from the Sunday paper.  I told him, "Kees, where would you like to keep this picture, if it doesn't find a home, it's going in the trash."  About a minute later, he thoughtfully, and a little chidingly said, "Momma, how would you like it, if I threw all your coupons in the trash?"

He makes a point.  However,  I explained that my coupons, while messy when I'm clipping them, usually get picked up the same day and stored neatly.  And his flier had been laying around for a few days.  We found a nice place for him to keep his flier and it's hanging in there, until Kora decides to lick, bite, eat, or maim it in some way.


And just tonight (Wednesday), while the kids were taking their bath, Kees looked at all the walls of the the shower he had painted, and said, "This is the best day ever, cause it looks like candy in here!"


There's one more interesting thing Kees said, but I've decided to make it the topic of my LATE "Wordy Wednesday" post.  Find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment