Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Grapes and Stunts

From our trip to the playground today. I told them they didn't have to hold hands once we were out of the parking lot, but they wanted to. So stinking cute!!

We've had an interesting week.  Doug's been sick, the kids have been extra energetic, it rained on our way to the playground yesterday, and we ended up at Carl's Jr.   I've taken my kids in public places way more than usual (like to STORES) and I don't recommend it.

At Carl's Jr., Tuesday evening, Kora got "stuck"  on this slide, twice. The first time halfway down, the second time, I climbed from the bottom of the slide and didn't find her until I got to the very top.  All she had to do was scoot back 6 inches and she wouldn't have been "stuck" on the slide.  P.S. I'm too old to be climbing up slides.

I am also too old to eat a WHOLE one of these. Normally, Doug and I share.  I ate this whole shake and wished I hadn't, way too much!  It was VERY yummy though.

So, tonight, we got home from a trip to the playground and the grocery store, and I was feeling beat and a smidge cranky.    The kids were being noisy, so I recruited them to help make dinner.  It was fun, other than Kora trying to eat salmonella.

Notice in the bottom right picture, Kora is eating chips from the contaminated bowl. YIKES!

Then, right around bedtime, as we were reading our bedtime stories, the kids decided they wanted to eat grapes. 


And somehow that turned into the kids doing "tricks". Kees was lifting himself up between the coffee table and couch. Kora tried to copy him, and it was hilarious.  She kept saying "high, high!"



Here is a link to a video clip of her "daring" stunt work.

It was a fun evening filled with great memory making!  Thankful for my silly kids and unexpected fun in the middle of a difficult week. These kids run circles around me, but they always make me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment