Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Time is Flying

I've had a lot of sentimental moments this week.  Making memories with my family, and having them be there for me when I'm at my worst.

Being a mom of young kids is the strangest, best, hardest, most wonderful thing.  All in one minute, I think I need a break these people are crazy, and I can't take a break, I might miss something.  Because  I am so aware of how quickly they are growing and how each sweet thing they do could be the last time.  Like when they grab my hand or just want to snuggle.  When I spend an entire day reading books to Kora.  It can feel draining because they need so much, but one by one, they won't need those things from me.  One day, Kora will crawl up in my lap, ask me to read, and it will be the last time.  One day, I'll watch Kees line all his cars up, and play, and it will be the last time. But I won't know it's the last.  There's no rules, there's no way to predict it.  And every day, one by one, those opportunities are slipping away. It's a good thing, they're growing, they're learning.  It's the way things should be.  But it's hard on a Momma.

It's a roller coaster. But I am thankful, and thank God, every day, for something.  This year, I'm thinking, this is it, we're all at home, and we're on the beginning end of tradition. We're making them up as we go along. Some intentionally, and some just happen.

We went to look at lights this year, and as we drove by the toy emporium, we decided to FINALLY go in.  It was awesome! Then we drove to Sonic. If I could do it again, I'd do it the same way. So next year, that's what we'll do.  A new tradition.





And when our church offered babysitting, we FINALLY tried the sushi place we've been wanting to try.  Amazing!  I can see lots of future dates with my hubby there, my birthday is right around the corner....




So there it is, time is flying right by, but we're making memories, and I'm thankful for every single day no matter how crazy because I have the best family surrounding me.  Today, Kora has decided to try on every stitch of clothing I bought her at the thrift store, and her Cinderella costume on top of that.  And I've settled two conflicts by flipping a coin.  It's a Woderful Life (Doug loves that movie)


No comments:

Post a Comment