Thursday, December 25, 2014

Thankful Thursday: The Family You Make

There's the family you were born into.  And then there's all the family God gives you along the way.

These last couple weeks, I have just felt so blessed to have such amazing family here in Idaho.  So great in fact, that one of my biggest concerns in life, is feeling like I don't have enough time with all of them.

We joined the GoodSeed team back in March, and our co-workers are family to us.  They helped us move in and between the lot of them provided almost every single piece of furniture in our house, including a washer and dryer!  They've loved on us, and been gracious with us. They've fully included us and made us feel like real full fledged members of the team, and part of the family.  So thankful for their commitment to God and the gospel!



We found our church HOME in August. We'd visited around, and after our first Sunday visiting Emmanuel, we felt so comfortable.  My ladies bible study group has rocked my socks! We've had crying sessions...instigated by me.  And laughing sessions as well. God has provided just what I've needed through them, more times than I can count, and it's only been 5 months!  I could sit here all day and list some of the amazing things they've done for us. We've been officially invited for all holidays with our Sunday school teacher and his family. Thanksgiving was a blast!  And when our 10th anniversary came, and I was hosting guests. A couple of ladies made homemade cake and ice cream for us and delivered it too us.  So thoughtful!  And another friend from church babysat for us after our guests left, so we could go on a date.



All this, not even mentioning, all the family we've accumulated in Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Missouri, Michigan, Illinois, and Thailand.

And then we have the family we are REALLY missing this holiday season, the families we were born into. They're great, beyond great. They've seen us at our worst and still love us. They've cried with us and prayed us through the hard times. They've housed our entire family for months at a time as we've been "in between" things.  They've sacrificed time with us, and done their best not to complain too much about missing the grandkids.  They taught us from an early age, who God is, and how to serve him.  Their love and support has catapulted us to where we are today. In Coeur D'Alene, Idaho, of all places, doing our best to make them proud.







My point in saying all of this, is that wherever you are, whatever stage of life you're in, God provides family.  It may not be the family you were born into, but he can provide for ALL our needs.  If you are feeling lonely today, reach out to the family you do have near year.  And if you don't have much of that, it's never too late to start. Invite a neighbor over.  Join a bible study, or start one.  I know I "brag" a lot about the people in my life, but I've experienced a lot of lonely days too.  Don't isolate yourself. Pray for God to bring people into your life that will help you grow closer to him.  And I hope each one of you knows how much I love you, and I hope you know I'm here, if you need a friend.  For many of you, I'm far away, but I'm a good listener (sort of, okay it's debatable, I'm kind of a talker, but I'll do my best) and I can pray.

God loves you!  Merry CHRISTmas!  Love to each of you, from our house to yours!

1 comment: