Friday, December 12, 2014

Flashback Friday: Christmas-time in Idaho

Friday:

My kids are loving the tree!  As soon as Kora woke up, she made a beeline for the tree!



Cereal!



Moving the snowflake, getting closer to Christmas.


The kids got new hats, but they are tiny. So I had to cut the back of Kees's so he could wear it.





Yep, she's not happy.  Just give her a minute.


WRITING!!!








Christmas party time! We had a taco bar, and a white elephant gift exchange.





It's a little challenging having little ones at functions like this.  I tried my best to keep them entertained and contain the mess.




Sandy got the kids little gift bags, they were perfect!





Doug stealing a gift.


We ended up with a dart gun. Doug shot Dean, love the reactions in the background!


And a little late night Catan with the boy!





Saturday:

More mail!


And another party, this one was an ugly sweater party.  No one thought my sweater was ugly, shouldn't have listened to Doug!!!



We had childcare in the basement, thanks Skylar! And a couple different people brought gifts for the kids.  Kora especially loved her Hello Kitty juice.





We worked together so we could lock in the 2 pairs of camo pajama pants for Doug. SCORE!



Sunday:

Doug was sick, he kept the kids home with him, so I could teach our Sunday School class, and I also helped out with Children's Church.






Monday:

My kids love books!


Another note!






Sandy gave the kids the chocolate advent calendars.


And Kees found his sight words and letter beads.



Tuesday:

Another letter in our mailbox! The kids got Christmas stickers and decorated a cardboard cut-out of a stocking that came inside the stocking we bought.  They loved it!








Kora always loves to hang her work on the fridge.





More reading!


Kees's writing work.


Organizing the numbers, so he can put them in order.  He's sorting by which tens place they go in, then he puts them all in order.



This always takes a long time!





We got the kids bikes from Grandpa Boo and Ginny in the mail. We hid the bikes, but the kids have enjoyed the box so much.






Doug has bible study on Tuesday evenings, but he used the little bit of time he had at home to read to the kids. It's "A Grouch's Christmas" and his Elmo voice is amazing!













The kids put on a clown show for me.









Wednesday:


I searched high and low trying to find a kid friendly nativity at a pocket book friendly price. I eventually gave up.  I was so excited that Sandy shared some of her stuff with us!!! Doug sent me this picture from work!  


I finally got around to making the Cashew Nougat cookies Doug had requested.  He said they were good, but I wasn't too impressed. But I don't think it's the recipe or even the way I baked them, I just don't like "dry" cookies.  These were kind of like short bread or something.




Thursday:

Kees decided to make money using yellow construction paper.



Doug and I needed to sign paperwork at the bank, so we had to go during business hours.  It gets dark here at like 4 o'clock, so we decided to go check out the lights afterwards. As we were driving down "main street", I don't think it's actually called that, but it's the main street that runs through downtown. We drove by Figpickel's Toy Emporium. We've been by there a few times and always say we need to go check it out, but we'd never done it.  It was so much fun! Really cool store!
















Inside, not at the toy store yet, there's several stores, it's sort of like small mall.



Kora found the candy store, and discarded her bear.  Poor thing.






This machine makes cotton candy right in front of your eyes.  I couldn't help myself.




Another classic picture of my kids, Kora satisfied and Kees looking on, assuming she won't share.  His frowned turned upside down as soon as I explained we'd all get some!





This isn't the best picture of me, but I loved Kees eating cotton candy in the background.






Doug shouted at the bear and made him come over to us.


Kora was so excited!!!


Kees was happy, but not in a state of euphoria like his sister.





Look, Kora found a "Baby Name"!!



And I found Curious George




Kora read, and read. Her heart was happy!

















When we got home from our excursion, I needed to run to the grocery store to buy stuff to make cheesecake for a friend's birthday.  So I didn't come upstairs right away. Doug and the kids found a toy kitchen on our doorstep and you could see what it was!  Kees walked right past and didn't pay attention, but Kora said, "Look mine kitchen!!!"  Doug had the kids clean up all their toys, and then when I got home, I added some play food and went ahead and wrapped the box and had them open it.  Uncle Stephen and Aunt Randee sure spoiled us!!!



Doug was putting the kitchen together, so we were playing with the food and sort of helping.


Snow angel, or carpet angel, I guess.


Finally got it all put together. It really is perfect.  They've played with this a ton already!



And here are the mini cheesecakes!  I didn't even taste one, I forgot!  But I think they were good, they got eaten. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment