Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Taco Tuesday: Cilantro-Lime Rice

Who loves Chipotle?  This gal, right here! (I mean me, but Kora probably likes it too, and if not, she'll be looking for a new home soon...just kidding)



And the best part about Chipotle is the CILANTRO LIME RICE!  So, if you don't know all about Chipotle, you're living a sad existence.  It's like Subway, but with delicious burritos or rice bowls for the gluten-free folks.  You start with your tortilla, they put the amazing rice on it, and then you choose your beans, meat, and toppings. The guacamole there is great too!  But that's another blog for another day.

I have made cilantro lime rice at home, a variety of ways, but it's never been as good as Chipotle's. This Friday, we are having attending a taco party, and I am making the rice.  I want it to be superb. So I've scoured the interwebs. And here's what I'm gonna try....

Ingredients:

Rice (basmati or jasmine)
Chicken broth
Bay leaves
Cilantro
Lime
Salt



Directions:

Cook rice (however you choose) in a half water/half chicken broth mixture, with bay leaves added.  Once the rice is cooked, remove the bay leaves and add fresh cilantro, lime, and salt to taste.  One of the recipes I read suggested two tablespoons each of lime and cilantro to 2 cups of rice, but it all depends on how you want it to taste.

And if you want to make it a meal, serve it with black beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.  Wrap it all in a burrito or just serve it up in a bowl.  You could also add any meat of your choosing, like chicken or steak fajita meat.

1 comment: