Friday, December 5, 2014

Flashback Friday: The Catan Obsession

Friday:


This next picture basically sums up our week, Catan, Catan, and more Catan.




It was also fun having Doug off for a couple extra days. These kids love their daddy!




Saturday:

More Catan....


Sunday:

Heading to church! We got to light the first advent candle, the candle of hope!



Our church has this nativity down low for the kids, I'm almost certain Kora is going to destroy it.  They've probably had 100 years of kids come through and not break it, and we'll be the ones who do....

Kora came to big church for the music, and to help light the candle.









Our kids love playing after church. The Sunday School hallway is a great place to run!




How cute are they?!




They are both wearing part of their Christmas outfits they got from Gramee and Grampa last year. Kora has the under shirt on from hers, and Kees is wearing the shirt and sweater vest, but outgrew the pants.  They've both grown so much!


More Catan, of course, and lunch.





Monday:

School work! Kees was so motivated to get his work done because he wanted to play Catan. He kept nagging me when I'd get distracted doing laundry, "Mom, hurry, let's finish my school work so we can play!"





We got a Christmas mail box! Every day the kids get a letter that tells them where to find something, like a book or game.  This day, they found the advent calendar for our house!








Random photo, of Doug, he's been helping with the GoodSeed office expansion. ;)




Guess we all just needed a nap!



I left for bible study, and when I got back, I heard an interesting story about how this bag got melted on the heater!


We didn't let that stop us from playing, of course!





Tuesday:

Kora is cracking me up with her unzipped jammies!



Again, working speedy quick to get school work done!


He made a police light!



Another day!!!!

Fixing Kora's flashlight friend.




More school work!




And Catan time begins!!!




Daddy surprised us with this tree!












We decided to run to the thrift store to find a tree stand.  It was quite a day!  We sort of saw a robbery at one of the places, and then I had to give a statement.  At the last thrift store, Kees had an epic meltdown about having to choose a FREE book.  It was so embarrassing.  Then, when we got to the car, Kora started crying, maybe just worn out.  But we still needed to got one more store to get decorations.  What was I thinking!?!





Finally made it home, and the bad moods continued for a while.  Kora actually requested I take this picture.  Then I wanted to get a picture of Kees with his new "baby" and he followed suit with the sad /angry face.  Wow, just wow.  I need a mommy vacation.



Daddy saved the day. He spent 20 minutes whittling away at the bottom of our tree with the "new to us" tiny saw I bought at the thrift store.


Happy faces, again, decorating our first Christmas tree in Idaho!!!











These are some of the new clothes we found for super cheap at the thrift store, we may have gotten a little wet watering the tree.





Wednesday:

Stockings!!!  We also undecorated and redecorated, because why not?






After all the crazy, I went out by myself, not because I wanted to, but because I needed something at the store, and I figured I might as well take my time.  Which included eating Taco Bell in my van in a grocery store parking lot. It was glorious, and also difficult. Apparently when you go-go-go for long enough it's hard to stop even for 15 minutes to eat in silence.  I bought Doug a Dr. Pepper freeze, but I taste tested it several times to ensure its safety.



Trying to add to our Catan set.  We had to color these white toothpick thingys purple.



Kora does her own thing.


Making potato soup.




Thursday:

GoodSeed's party was scheduled for Friday, and we "helped" shop for the big day.  Then we got to visit the office and see some of the work they've been doing on the expansion.




We got a magnetic nativity from Dollar Tree!  Hooray!





Making music with the wrapping paper roll.


We love to read and we love Hello Kitty!


This boy loves his cars!


I think these are the pictures that re-inforced that our kiddos needed their hair trimmed..



Kees and Kora made a plan to steal Doug's hat, here's the blueprint of the plan...


Ahhh, time to relax and enjoy a Christmas classic!



Bath time, and then hair cuts!



And of course, late night Settlers of Catan with this guy!



I was freezing!!!


I also prepped the sopapilla cheesecake for the party, so all I'd need to do was bake and take.


No comments:

Post a Comment