Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: The Long Way 'Round

In my own life, sometimes, I've had an extremely difficult time understanding God's plan.  And just when I think I finally do, everything gets turned upside down.  Leaving me, back at square one, scratching my head.  One thing I have learned, is that, no matter how much I don't know, I can always trust God's leading in my life, and his word.



This past Sunday, the sermon was from John 9:1-11. About Jesus healing a blind man. The MAIN thing that stuck out to me, out of the whole sermon, was when our pastor pointed out, on a map, that the place Jesus sent the man to be healed was likely further away than other options.  But he specifically sent him to one that was out of the way.  Seriously?!  A blind man, and he made him walk FURTHER.  As far as we know, the man didn't question Jesus, at all.  He just went, and consequently was healed.

This got me thinking.  How many times in the bible did God's instructions make sense (in our human understanding)?  Almost never.  Like, "put some blood over your door post and your first born son will be saved", or "build an ark", or "sacrifice your son".  But, those who obeyed were always blessed because they put their faith in God. They trusted him, in spite of the circumstances, and the way they would be viewed by those around them, often being ridiculed or questioned by those around them, even ones claiming to serve God as well.

And isn't God the same today?  So, when he asks you to do something, and you feel like it doesn't make sense.  Think of your favorite biblical "hero of the faith", and put yourself in their shoes.  See how God used them and how he came through, and often in what we would consider an unlikely way.   You can trust him too.  He is good, and he has your best in mind.  You can be confident, in the midst of all the crazy, knowing that God really does work in mysterious ways.  There's proof throughout the bible!

In the weeks to come, I am going to be looking at some examples that came to mind in the last few days, of people God led in unusual ways or people who were faithful even when they didn't understand what the outcome would be.  My hope is that it will encourage us all in our faith, to seek him, no matter what the path may be.  To see his hand in our lives, and see that when he's in the driver's seat, there's never a wrong turn.  It may look dark, it may feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, but God sees and he knows. If he has led you there, you're in exactly the right place.  Trust HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment