Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Taco Tuesday: Thai Peanut Chicken (Crockpot)

Last week I was on a bit of a crock pot kick.  I found this recipe on the Family Fresh Meals blog, check it out here.  She has tons of crock pot recipes, school lunch ideas, and other fun things.  I followed the recipe.  It turned out well.  I DID add fish sauce, and then taste the sauce and add some brown sugar. I used unsweetened peanut butter, so I think if you used regular peanut butter it would be plenty sweet.  I would leave out the onions and bell peppers and add them at the very end, if at all. For my taste, I'd rather eat the veggies raw on the side, than have mushy ones.  But if I DID add them, I'd just put them in for the last 10-15 minutes, but I like my veggies CRISP.  I'd also serve this with sliced cucumber on the side, and over rice.  This recipe is a keeper!!

 

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 small red or orange bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 white onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
  • 1 Tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons of honey
  • 1/4 cup crushed peanuts for topping

Directions:

  1. Place peppers and onion at the bottom of the crockpot. This will act as a “stand” for the chicken, so it doesn’t dry out. 2. Next place chicken on top.
  2. In a bowl, mix together peanut butter, lime juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, and honey. Pour sauce over chicken.
  3. Cook on low for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6 on LOW. When 15 minutes remain of cooking time, shred chicken with two forks. Cover and continue cooking for the remainder of the time. Remove from crockpot and serve over brown rice, noodles, OR using as a salad topper or in lettuce wraps!









No comments:

Post a Comment