Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Imagination

We've been busy the last couple weeks, so this week, I'm trying to spend quality time with my kids.

Right now I am loving the imagination my kids have.  Such lengthy and interesting dramatic play.  I think this next story, I'm about to share, would make a GREAT children's book.  Who's good at art?

(If you read this on facebook already, too bad, so sad, but this version does have a couple pictures.)

On Tuesday, I looked over and saw Kees sitting against the wall.




When I asked him what he was doing, he said, "The goon wrapped me up here, cause he kidnapped me. Now he put paper on my mouth, so I can't talk!  mmmmm, mmmm, mmmm!"

After a few minutes, he started calling for Kora to come save him.  She didn't come right away, I can only assume she was reading books.  I finally stepped in, and yelled, "Kora, come save Kees, he's trapped!"

She came running into the living room.  Kees started giving her instructions about how to save him.  He told her his arms were clipped to the wall and she needed to take the clip off.  She grabbed and pulled a wad of his hair.  Then he said, "It's not a hair clip, it's on the back of my shirt!"  After THAT was removed, he explained that his legs were super glued to the ground and she had one wish.  He said she needed to wish for super soap.  And in true Kora fashion, she wished for babies instead!  Kees said, "Oh no, you only had one wish, and you didn't wish for super soap! Now I'm stuck here forever!"  After a couple of minutes, he decided she had one more wish.  This time she wished for a duck, a bunny, Mickey, and Minnie.



He gave her another wish and she did eventually yell, "Super soap!"  But he still couldn't be free until she picked it up and applied it how he told her to.  If nothing else, Kees was very committed to this story and never once got free until the story played out just right.  Gotta love 'em!!

This morning, while Kees was still sleeping, Kora was pretending she was a momma bunny, which unfortunately made me the Wa-maw bunny (grandma).  She was so into her role.  The bunny bonked it's head and fell. Then she had to get a flashlight to go find the baby.

When Kees woke up, he became the daddy bunny.  The first thing he asked Kora was, "Where's the bible? The daddy bunny has to read the bible to the babies."  He even asked the kids questions when he got done reading to them.  So precious.  Just last week, my kids were pretending to be parents, and Kees was wiping a baby dolls face with a tissue, saying, "Oh, look! There's my pretty princess!"  So glad they have such a great dad to emulate!

Plus also, kids are the best, and I just love listening to their elaborate tales!

No comments:

Post a Comment