Friday, October 24, 2014

Flashback Friday: Going on a Cat Hunt

Friday:

This seems like a month ago, not last week.   Anyway...

Kids eating lunch

In the evening, I had a ladies movie night at church. Doug took the kids to their FIRST football game.  So sad I missed it, but ladies night was great too, Sandy came with me. ;)
So ready to go to their first football game!


Pictures Doug took!







Saturday:

Game day! We lost, so sad!  Kees was into football before going to the game, now, he's obsessed.  We have to cheer, for hours.  We each pick a team, and then Kees updates us on the score.  He plays both teams. We are expected to react appropriately based on how well our team is doing.  It's usually OU vs OSU, or Vikings vs. Wolves.  He also pretends to stamp our hands.



Kora and I, sitting in the stands.


Stamp on her hand!

She wanted to stamp my hand too.

Why does her stamp have to hurt?



Kora was playing a game.  She had a purple bead, that was a "dice", and she was rolling it on a mirror she "borrowed" from my make-up bag. 



Seriously, football, ALL DAY.  The boy is obsessed!





Kees brought Doug and I these buckets to use as megaphones to cheer for him.  Kora had other plans.











I took a nap, when I woke up, Doug had made THIS magic happen.  Yum, yum, yum!



Sunday:

Who doesn't love that little princess?!




We got to church early because Doug is going to be helping teach for the next few weeks.  So, the kids and I were waiting until it was time for them to go to class.



I taught Children's church this week, which means Kees went! :)




Kees was concerned about why the numbers start with 3 and go to 5, and if the one below the 3, was a 2,  there's no place for a 1!  I found the answer for him, when we were at lunch with the director of the school, she said it's the age the kids need to be to jump off of each level.  Mystery solved!


We got to hang out with the youth Sunday night. They are going through a pretty cool study. At the end of class, we got to play GIANT bowling.


When we got home, we carved our first pumpkin as a family. Neither one of our kids wanted to put their hands inside it.






























Monday:

We worked on school work in the morning, ate lunch, then headed out for a Halloween nature walk.  We did one last year too, when we were still in Oklahoma.  I let the kids take their Halloween buckets and fill them up with leaves, rocks, berries, whatever they find.








































We spotted a CAT!!!


This was about as close as we got to the kitty.  Kora was so, so happy.  Check out the video on facebook if you want to see her run and squeal.






















When we got back home, we made pumpkin muffins!



Kees took this one, please ignore the open cabinets.  





She ate tons of batter, and then two muffins. She approves!



Out with the ladies from my bible study and we saw this...

Add one more 'e'!  It's even KTS.


Tuesday:

So, this happened...





Kees and Kora are loving the Hooked on Phonics books that Sandy got us. Kees and I are working through the workbook too.



The kids were quiet, for a while, then they came running into the living room, and said, "Come see what we've been doing.  Our babies are roasting marshmallows!"  I bought tiny LED lights for our jack o lantern, and the kids have been playing with them.

My kids are the best.  Love stuff like this!




Kora was driving cars through the batman house.   She did NOT want me to drive them back through the door.   So, I did it, to annoy her.  I learned that trick from my dad.






And my kids made chocolate chip cookies!  So fun, Kees said he had to poke a lot of holes in those cookies.



Kees took this one.



Out for another walk. So glad we went, it's been raining since!







Kees telling me about "No Noggin".




Kora thought "No Noggin" was so funny!




















We ate dinner with Doug. Then he headed to his bible study, and we went to the store.   Kora helped herself to a strawberry.


We went to the Dollar Tree. I let the kids pick one thing each. Kora picked this bear, and Kees picked stamps, so he can really stamp our hands when we watch him play football, all day, every day.



Wednesday:

Kees lining up the words he cut out from the food boxes I'd been saving.


Kora found an empty eye ball bubble container on one of our nature walks.  He got her finger stuck in it, and guess what Kees's favorite and best berry was inside and she smashed it.  Lots of drama on that one.  There was a lot of crying, but eventually we got over it.


The kids were rocking back and forth in their chairs and they were banging against the counter.  So noisy! So I off handedly said, "If y'all don't quit that, we're going to eat on the floor. " They thought it sounded fun, and I so did I.   Until I went to the bathroom and came back to find Kora had taken a large bite out of ALL the grilled cheese halves, and was touching a couple of them with her feet.  I was gone for a MINUTE!





Kids decided to blog.  Kees is blogging about songs. And Kora is blogging about pink toys.



We went to visit some friends for dessert after dinner. We got to meet and FEED their pig.



It was raining when we got home and Kora was so happy.



Thursday:

Now Kees's cars are playing football. Front row is OU, back row is OSU. And way over by the couch is the quarterback. He is the quarterback for both teams, cause Kees only has one quarterback car. Not sure what makes it a quarterback, but I just go along.


It was an insane day filled with baking, cooking, and cleaning. Plus Kees's school work.  I'm shocked I took any pictures.  I barely ate or sat down.  I made 3 desserts, soup, and lasagna.  And Doug hosted the men's bible study at our place.   I managed to get it all done, but there were some moments where I wasn't quite sure.


Kees is getting books out to read to his babies.  So cute.  And he can read TWO books now.



Crock pot lasagna. It turned out well, and I needed that to happen.


Making a poke cake.  Kora thought it was a mutilation cake.  Good thing you cover it with whipped cream.



The kids and I went to a surprise party for a friend, while Doug hosted the bible study.  Then we went to the grocery store.  I remembered to snap a couple pictures at the store.  Kees's eyes almost match his jacket!




Whew! Is it weekend yet? ALMOST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment