Friday, October 17, 2014

Flashback Friday: Adventures in Discount Land

Friday:

Um, how sweet are they?  I was dying on the couch, but I had enough energy to get this picture.

They steal my heart.  Kees is wiping the baby doll's  face, saying, "There's my pretty princess".  And Kora is pretending to be the mom, she's sick on the couch....hmmm....

I was having tummy problems on Friday.  I was laid out on the couch for the morning, Doug came home at lunch to dress the kids and make their lunch.  We had an apartment inspection scheduled at 4.  So, despite feeling like crud, I cleaned the house to get ready.  They never showed up! We had asked if they would move us to a ground floor if one opened up.  They said they'd need to inspect our place, if it looked okay, they'd give us our deposit back and then we'd re-pay the deposit for the new place. They never came and wouldn't answer any of the calls from Doug.  Huh?  If they didn't want us to switch apartments, they could have just said that, and not let me break myself cleaning, not to mention me sitting outside with the kids for an hour waiting! (I didn't want the kids to get any toys out or make any messes).

So these next few pictures were taken while we were waiting....





Monster puppet, this thing is so cool.  Uncle Stephen and Aunt Randee got it for Kees when he was just a little guy.  



If you know my dad, you recognize that nose, mouth, and chin. Me, not Kora.

Little nap

Trying out halloween make up (from Dollar Tree, of course!)

Doesn't she look like a sly cat! (That red bit under her lips is supposed to be a tongue, I was taking instructions from the kids about the weird circles around her eyes, and drawing a tongue)

MONKEY!
My kids are used to standing in front of this wall to take pictures, so funny.

Found this macaroni in the fridge.  Kora helped put the groceries away. :)


Ha! She wiped off most of the make up and left some scary eyebrows!
Kees got his shirt soaking wet when he was taking the monkey make up off. He decided instead of jammies, he wanted to  sleep in his OU jersey to get ready for Saturday.  (It worked, we won!!)



Saturday:


GAME DAY: OU vx. TX

Ha! Doug hates stuff in his face.



First time trying braids.  How cute!?



Kora decided to fix my hair.



Didn't take long for this tangle to form. :)






Kees is love, loving football season!  He likes to pretend he's playing and keep score during the game.

Braids didn't last, this was the back up plan.


The scoreboard, our calendar.




Uh-oh, she's pulling on the pigtails.



Doug roasting coffee beans


We had friends over for dinner, to hang out, and watch more football.  I guess I got ZERO pictures. Sad times.


Sunday:

We HAD to wear red for Sunday! Our pastor and his family are from Texas, so I had to subtly rub it in. They were really good sports about it.  And to be honest, Oklahoma didn't look that great, quite an UGLY win, but a win.




We had Panda Express for lunch.  Asian food is ALWAYS a good idea.  Yum, yum!  We all 4 shared one platter. And it was plenty. :)





Sundays are full.  We have church in the morning, we have our new tradition of going to the park. It was a little overcast, so we ate indoors, then the kids played at McDonald's.  Then we went home for a couple hours, and back to church.  Then it's the crazy, clean the house, get ready for the week routine.

Monday:

Sunday, a friend of mine offered to watch our kids on her day off.  Seriously?!  Who has awesome friends like that?  Keep in mind, Kees doesn't know her, but he was game, and we did it! So thankful for her and the fact she was willing to offer and then take such great care of our kiddos.  I think Kora had her read books for 3 hours.

This is real, we're going out!

Ahhh!

Doug is growing his beard out.



We looked at all these fancy places online, and had much discussion about where to eat.  But we ended up choosing this place.  Greek food wasn't easy to find in Thailand, and I was thrilled with our choice. So delicious!


We were trying to figure out how to properly pronounce "gyro" and were curious about its origins.

Red pepper hummus

yum


At the movie, Doug was worried we'd get in trouble for this one. :)


Tuesday:

I put Kees in his new purple shirt.  He flipped, "What?! I'm a girl now?"


Counting to 50!





All the funny dialogue that went with these next few pictures is in the Thursday post, so check that out, if you haven't yet.  So funny!






Kees built a ship. The blue at the bottom is the water, the green is the ship, and the red pieces on top are guns.

Numbers!


Doug came home and made fried rice, delicious! Kora was cooking beside him.

It's getting that time, changing of seasons, we need new clothes and shoes.  I took both kids to 3 stores!  I'm nuts, I know.  I asked Doug if he'd mind if I took the kids, wanted to make sure he wasn't gonna be lonely without us.  Doug's an introvert, stupid question.





^^^^Okay, I paid for the kids to drive the ice cream truck.  They had fun.  Went to play elsewhere, I was shaking my foot not the platform all the rides sit on, and the creepy ice cream truck had weird child laughter coming out of it. Kora was so freaked out!



Wednesday:

Sandy and I had been messaging, and she had heard about a store called Spokane Discount. They have overrun stuff and we saw they had CHEAP costumes.  We decided to have an adventure!

On our way to get Sandy

At Pita Pit

This was Kees's idea

Kora says, "Sanny!"

Shopping adventure!

I found so many fun things at the discount place.  I got a few oversized sweaters for $4, I got fancy cups for my kids, the ones that are usually $10, and I paid $3.50.  We found the cheap costumes for the kids, and I bought a new kettle.  Fun, fun. Then we headed to the Asian market.


Duck feet...I think.


Sandy bought the kids cookies.

The discount costumes, a little over $5 for both.

Impromptu movie night? Yes, please! We watched the Littlest Vampire.




Kora said, "Yots, chips!"

She missed the ending





Thursday:


Playing with cars





Sandy bought the kids these cookies at the Asian market. We saved them for AFTER our lunch. I made sure to get pictures for Sandy. :)




No joke, Kees bit into his first cookie, and said, "Mom, you've got to believe this! There's chocolate inside!!"



Everyone knows I'm addicted to street tacos.  I found smoked pulled pork at Costco, and it is perfect for making these at home.  So easy, and delicious.  I'm obsessed!

These kids come up with the craziest things to play.  I can't even keep up.


Kora is reading the manual to the kettle I bought at the discount place.

I asked Kees what they were playing.  He explained about the leaves being families.  Unfortunately one of the families is missing their dad because Kora ripped him to pieces. 



Sometimes we like to take pictures to send to Daddy at work, we miss him all day, every day. :)




Sandy texted me this picture, she found Thai basil at Super 1!!!  So exciting. That was the ONE thing I couldn't get at the Asian market.  So, so cool!

Near-Mommy-meltdown, brought to you by the darn toddler gloves!!!

This is the AFTER.

 It all started while I was doing dishes, hands soaking wet.  Kora came into the kitchen asking if I'd help with her gloves.  I tried, seriously, I tried.  She kept pulling her fingers out as soon as I'd get a couple in the slots, she'd pull them right back out.  Then Kees tried to help her.  When he couldn't do it either, and Kora started screaming at him, he took his gloves off, and had a bit of a pout session.




When I finished washing dishes, we tried again, and successfully got her gloves on, at least for a few minutes.


For some reason, when they dress up, they push this wall.


Can I frame this?  I love Cinderella!!!  Also, the kids acted out part of Cinderella, there's video on facebook if you're interested. :)








Putting her gloves and shoes back on.  ARGH!









I showed them something on the computer, this was the reaction.





Doug said he wasn't feeling the best and he'd been waiting all day to come home and wrap up in a blanket

Kora made up a song using her little people animals and one marker cap.   Kind of like 5 little monkeys, but it was a Kora original.


All of a sudden, Kora's face lit up, and she remembered how much she loves pretending Daddy's feet are her babies.  So weird, and yet adorable.



Doug went to bible study, and then I got a text inviting me to do facials with some ladies from church.  I thought I wouldn't be able to, because Doug had the van.  Louise picked us up, so nice of her, and added bonus that her kids could stay, and my kids could use their carseats.  Then Doug picked us up on his way home. So, so much fun!

My kids found a tiny bench and wanted me to take a picture of them.


The kids watched a movie, and my kids had their dinner trays.




Renee had a tiara!!!!


And pom poms!


Couldn't get her to smile, but she really did love them.
This was at the SECOND Super 1.  The one closest to us didn't have Thai basil, so we headed to a different one. Doug went inside, and Kees and I were texting Amanda in Thailand, who has a pretty awesome story to share, but I'm waiting till she posts pictures before I spill the beans.  It was so fun chatting with her!

Do you see Doug??  At both stores, Kees was counting groups of things, and then asking,  "Is 4 plus 4, 8?"  Whoa!  We were impressed!
Building tall

Zonked out with Duckee

No comments:

Post a Comment