Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: Remember Your Chains

We're getting ready for a trip.  Which means packing.  I feel like I just finished UNPACKING.



This is a little funny, but as I was organizing the kids clothes for the trip, I got this sinking feeling.  And I felt like I was becoming a prisoner again.

Who remembers the Steven Curtis Chapman album, "Heaven in the Real World".  We listened to that CD on a loop, and one of the songs, is called "Remember Your Chains".  The song was running on a loop in my head last night as I was packing, remembering the chains of living out of a suitcase.  Wish I could just show up without having to live out of a suitcase.

You should go listen to the song, "Remember Your Chains", here.  (And for fun, check this one out too! It's called "Burn the Ships", ironically these two songs got mixed in my mind, I thought the verses from this song and the chorus from the other song went together).

So, if you combined the two songs, it would go a little something like this,

"Burn the ships, we're here to stay.
There's no way we could go back now,
That we've come this far by faith,
Burn the ships, we've past the point of no return
Our life is here, so let the ships burn".....

And then,

"Remember your chains,
Remember the prison that once held you
Before the love of God broke through
Remember the place, you were without grace
When you see where you are now
Remember your chains,
And remember your chains are gone"

A tiny, tiny part of me is dreading this trip, just the living out of suitcases part.  I'm so excited to see family and I love airplanes.  But after the months of living between places, and on the road, my insides are yelling, BURN THE SHIPS!!  I know, I'm such a drama queen.

But that sinking feeling of being imprisoned, by emotions or circumstances, that can truly take over your life if you let it.  And for those who don't have the HOPE of eternity, that don't know Jesus, they never left that place.  As much as I'm dreading the "prison" of living out of luggage and borrowing a car, and not having real control over my day to day, it is literally NOTHING compared to the prison so many around us are dealing with on a daily basis.

If you have that hope, please, share it!  Don't look back or long for the things before, set your mind on things above, and ask God to show you others who are desperartely seeking that hope.  God is great at making divine appointments.  Ask him to make yours crystal clear today!

No comments:

Post a Comment