Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wordy Wednesday: Just One Hour

As I was drinking my morning cup of coffee, aka coffee flavored sugar water, I saw this post on Facebook.



And here's was my train of though, first, I thought of my Papaw and what wisdom he could share in just 30 seconds or how much love he could express in one hug.  Even five minutes would be glorious.  I thought of my uncle, and how much I'd love to see him, and hear one more corny joke or see his contagious smile.  I thought of a classmate, who always razzed me about OU, but was such an encouragement to me when we were in Thailand, keeping in touch, and praying for us.  I thought of a sweet friend who lost her sister, and countless moms who lost their babies, at various ages, but all too soon.

And then, I thought, of course, if I had one hour, think what Jesus could do in one hour!  If I had an hour with Jesus, looking at the water, and talking with him.  How awesome would that be?!

You know what, Jesus is there, every single day, waiting for one minute with us.  And that wisdom my Papaw had, it came from him, so did that love!  Can you believe it?  The person God wants to spend time with is YOU!  And it doesn't have to be in a beautiful location, it doesn't even have to be quiet.  He is there, waiting, anxiously anticipating time spent with you.

When was the last time you sat and talked to God for an hour, ten minutes, or five?  There are people we all miss, that we desperately wish we could talk to one more time.  I promise you, God cares, and he wants to hear your hurt and give you peace.  Trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment