Friday, July 11, 2014

Flashback Friday: At the Beach

July 4-10


Friday:

Fourth of July fun!  I attempted to paint our toenails, they got smudged, but at least we tried.

Our kids are pretty attached to me, but when something's a little scary, it's Daddy they want.






Saturday:

Look what I built!

Sunday:

We went to the Kroc church.  And it just happened to be Sunday Sundae, or it may have been Sundae Sunday. Not sure which.  Either way you look at it, we got ice cream!






The fire station is right by our place, we decided to get pictures!






The kids got new beds, so they enjoyed jumping on the old one for a few days.

All tuckered out.

Monday:

Do A Dot!

That sinking feeling, when you look over the balcony and realize you are unwittingly in the middle of a game of "find the stuff that got thrown off".  There's a cup, a baby doll and a ruler, can you find them? (The kids got grounded from the balcony)

One of the jobs I almost always forget is window cleaning. My kids wanted to help, and they actually did a great job! Such sweethearts!









When Doug got home, his leg was hurting pretty bad.  I needed to run to the store, normally, I leave the kids with him, but I decided to take Kora so he wouldn't have to chase her around.  She was THRILLED to go shopping with me!  And it's so much easier with just one kid.


Tuesday:

Just minutes after we woke up, Kora is in time out of hitting Kees.  I fear the teenage years with that attitude.  She always admits to hitting him when I ask her, and has almost no remorse.  We're working on it.

Reading my bible.

Making popsicles!  (I'll share this recipe tomorrow)




Getting ready to head to IHOP and the lake.







It was the 56th anniversary and they had $0.56 cent stacks of pancakes.  We all ate for $1.78.

Both kids ate more than us!  I got them one stack (of 3) to share, which they scarfed down, and then we gave them some of ours too.  



On the way, Doug was dropping us off at the lake, we saw this truck.  Kees said, "Look at that truck's pants!"









I accidentally dumped my pasta salad into our wagon.  As if the sand coating our stuff wasn't enough mess.

Back at our place, eating the popsicles we made.


Playing outside.


Kees brought me this flower

The kids have neighbor friends that come ask them to play.  I usually go out and sit with them to keep an eye on Kora, who would most definitely go with a stranger to look for a puppy or eat the candy they offered her.  On this particular day, the sprinklers came on, the kids got soaked. I had to run and put my chair in the only dry space available. THEN, I was trying to take a selfie with Kora, and fell on top of her, pushing her down onto the rocks and into that bush.  Worst mother ever.

Another time out, seriously, quit being so mean.

Doug was gone to bible study. The kids were quiet FAR too long.  I should have known.  Kees came into the living room and told me, "Kora absolutely colored all over the wall!"  She cleaned it up, and the crayons are banned from their bedroom.  I actually keep their art stuff in the kitchen, so I'm not sure how they slipped them into their bedroom in the first place.

Kora dumped her macaroni everywhere!


Wednesday:

Every thing that Kora has, is a baby.  She gets so lovey with her babies.  

Yummy sandwich!

Kora found this plastic piece that goes in the bottom of the beach bag.  She came over and said, "Da da, diaper, hiney"  

We spent Wednesday cleaning our apartment and getting caught up, so we could host company.  Sandy brought an awesome bracelet for me, flowers, and this book for the kids.  She did puzzles with the kids, and read this book on a loop the whole evening!  We've been fighting over the book since she left.  Both kids love it!

Thursday:

She's got the 80s mom visor, yeah!

It's finally summer





At the beach again.  The weather is just perfect these days!



Kora scarfed down a serious amount of pasta salad.



Kora feeding her baby rock some water. This rock's name is wife.














Doug rode his bike over to meet us, after he left work.  He took the kids WAY out in the water.  I got some close up shots with my camera, I felt like a stalker.


We left around 7 and headed to the park for live music and the street fair, I didn't get any pictures.  The kids were playing on the playground, and I struck up a conversation with a couple that was there.

1 comment:

  1. WOW NOW THAT IS A GREAT STORIES. LOVE THE PICS AND WONDER ED IF THAT WATER WAS COLD?

    ReplyDelete