Friday, July 25, 2014

Flashback Friday: All Around Oklahoma

Friday:

We met Gramee and Grampa at Gatti Town, sort of like Chuck E Cheese, but better.  It was just $2.99  for the buffet (it was special for July), plus games!  Gramee and Grampa brought us a car to borrow while we're down here (in Oklahoma).












After Gatti Town, we headed over to Doug's sister's place for family night with Doug's mom.  I insisted on pictures, and I'm pretty sure my nephew Jacob despises me now. I'm THAT aunt.

Grandma Sheryl with all her grand babies!

How is this even possible?!?  It felt like October in Oklahoma.

Kid Table!

They're probably gonna kill me for this one, but they're making the SAME expression!  They were listening to T tell us something.



We drove to Paden Friday night, so we could spend a couple days there, and go to church! 

Saturday:

Not many pictures from Saturday, but believe me, it balances out before we're all said and done here.






Sunday:

I love, love going to church in Paden.  Everyone is just so sweet to us.  I miss our church family, glad we can keep in touch, and we are able to visit.


Kees did this WHOLE puzzle by himself.  I couldn't believe it!  Yay, Kees!


Sunday evening service. Kora lasted through the songs, but then Gramee took her to the nursery to play.



Incredible weather, especially for JULY in Oklahoma, we decided to sit outside for a few minutes and soak it up.



There were spiders, and spider eggs.












Monday:

We drove back to OKC, and met Shevaun and Grandma Sheryl for lunch at a Thai/Malaysian place. There was an Asian market near there, and we were COMPELLED to go.  Doug and Shevaun picked up some necessary ingredients so Doug could make us some fried rice.



Finally warm enough to swim in the backyard.  Seriously, is this really July?!




GARLIC!  Doug was inside cooking, and the kids were swimming, I ran back and forth to get pictures.






Uncle Tim!  Kees used to call him Uncle Man, we still do sometimes.

I had so many blurry pictures of these kids because they were running around like crazy!




I took Madeline and Kora shopping.  At lunch, I was asking all the Putnam kids what they would wish for if they could have one wish.  Madeline said she wished she could go shopping with me.  That made me feel like a million bucks!!


Tuesday:

Aunt Shevaun took us to Whitewater!! Jacob rode with us, both of my kids fell asleep on the way there.  Then Kora fell asleep on the way home too!








This is Daisy. Daisy belongs in the back yard.  She greeted us in the front yard.



Wednesday:

We packed up our stuff, and headed to Paden.  We got to eat Chick-fil-a for lunch. It was delicious.


We got to my parent's place and unloaded.  I didn't get too many pictures on Wednesday because I was so busy making last minute plans for vacation (to Branson!), doing laundry, and re-packing.  We were planning on driving my dad's truck, and a small car, but a lovely couple from church let us borrow their Suburban.  My mom packs everything but the kitchen sink when she goes on vacation, so we had to get a little creative since we couldn't pack an entire truck full.  So I got our family down to one suitcase and a few miscellaneous bags.  My mom is so surprised by how easily I toss and sort. It's a learned skill, after moving internationally.  It comes in handy! :)


Thursday:

We woke up early and ate donuts!!  I worked on typing up the notes for how to take care of Mamaw. She lives with my parents and my dad's brother (and his family) are taking care of her while my parents are away.  My mom had hand-written pages and pages of notes, but her handwriting isn't the best.  Since my kids woke up so stinking early, I decided to try and type up the notes, it took OVER an hour.  Geeze!  Hope it was helpful and not overwhelming, we are so thankful to have the help this week, yay Uncle Tom/Bill!!!

After all the last minute packing, we finally headed off to Branson, a little before 10 am.


We stopped in Joplin for lunch.  They have a travel center that has Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and a Caribou Coffee shop!

This stop also had a huge store, plus semi trucks INSIDE!





Grampa, discovered the back of the truck was open and let Kora, the tiny tornado inside!  WHAT?!


 This is a mom's purse, stuffed, overflowing, full of baby dolls, uneaten food, and juice cups. And that's just what you can see!






Kora talked Grampa into running.



The store had a whole section of Hello Kitty stuff.  Kora was in heaven.

Kees wanted to take his picture with this dog.

These girls sure do love their Gramee.

We met my sister and her family at Joplin, and afterwards, Deanna got to ride with us and watch Shrek!


I've been told I look like my dad.  Thought I'd get a profile picture and see if there's any truth to that rumor.


Kora was trapping her hands in between her feet.  Too bad she never wants to trap her shoes onto her feet.


We strapped a few things to the top. Like I said, everything but the kitchen sink!

Almost there!!!



Gramee thinks Kora looks like Aunt Shevaun (Doug's sister) in this one.


We made it, hooray!

Here's a few from around the resort.












Grampa likes to aggravate people.



The vacation fairy (aka zombie, according to Kees) brought the kids these trays, plus coloring books and crayons.



I stayed up late to make muffins!  Yum, yum, yum!


Fair warning, next week's Friday post is going to be out of control.  We are in Branson until next Thursday, so I'm sure there will be a crazy ton of pictures.

1 comment:

  1. the times of your life. wonderful memories in pictures!enjoyed them all!

    ReplyDelete