Monday, December 30, 2013

One Man's Trash

Day 222 (Friday 11-1):

This was our last day in OKC for a while.  So we had to pack ALL our stuff up, to get it out of Grandma's extra room, not that she'd care if we left it, but I just knew I'd feel ever so slightly better leaving Oklahoma if all my stuff was relatively in the same place.
I'm pretty sure this is when she figured out how to let the air out of the air mattress. I had a minor panic attack because I thought the kids had put a hole in it.

Kees put about half of Grandma's toys in the bath with him.  I did sign off to make sure none of them were things that shouldn't get wet.


Crazy kids.
Playing, they were hiding under the covers.
 After we got to Gramee and Grampa's place, I sat outside with the kids so they could enjoy the weather. (As I 'm typing this...two months later, I'm glad we did this because our road trip was COLD!)
My favorite snack! Pretzels and hummus!
Kees hanging out with Mommy. He's my boy.

Let me just say, Kora is obsessed with make up. Let me also say that my little make up bag is usually in my purse, because half the time, I end up putting my make up on in the car on the way to places. This poses a problem, when Kora finds the bag, she wants to use the make up so bad.  Sometimes I let her put some on me. 

Kora thinks all make up goes on her mouth or cheeks.

See how pretty?!?

Looking under Gramee's couch again...it's a dangerous business.

Gramee took Kees outside to play again.

Look at that smile, now look on the ground next to her, to the right.

Seriously, Kora?!!
 The church finally got their projector, screen, and all the computer components set up.  My dad had Corbet come out to help us figure it all out.  It was so good to see them! While Corbet and my dad were in the auditorium, we had Kora, Kees, and Hailey in the nursery.  It was nice to visit with Kim! For people who don't know, Corbet is my pretend brother. He's a real person, as far as I know, but we pretend he's our brother.  We've had some crazy fun times on mission trips and he's definitely family.  His wife, Kim, and their daughter Hailey, are even better.  Now I think we could take or leave Corbet, but Kim and Hailey stay! :)
Kora playing with the babies.

Look, she's building so high!

Hailey borrowed our cape for the night, and wow, she owned it!

This picture is awesome! Love them!

Reading bedtime stories with Gramee.



Day 223 (Saturday 11-2):

So, in preparation for moving (to Idaho in Feb/March), we were wanting to get our stuff a little bit organized, so we were trying to get it all moved into one storage unit.  We have ZERO furniture, but we DO have a few odds and ends, like blankets, toys, clothes, and one box of kitchen stuff.  So, we all headed over to storage to take a look at what we had. Almost everything we found, was a surprise. It had been approximately 2 years since we'd looked at this stuff, so I had forgotten what we had put in storage. Typical. :)  There were things we found, that I was SURE we had gotten rid of.  But all of those things were like finding hidden treasure. I'm not convinced my mom didn't sneak behind me and save some stuff I had intended to trash. Either way, I was happy to find my giant diaper bag, which worked amazingly for this trip! And we found Kees's warm hat!

Kora only tried to run off twice and I caught her both times.

We found some toys and hats!

Doug looking in boxes. Most of this isn't ours. My dad's mom, Mamaw, that's living with them has quite a few things in storage as well. Most of this is hers.

Kora was excited to find all the stuffed animals. That Buzz Lightyear was one that Corbet gave Kees when he was just a little guy.

This is Mamaw's room. She's always offering to let the kids come sleep with her or use her bed. I think she forgets that we have our own room to sleep in.  So we indulged her and the kids hung out in her room for a little while.  Not sure if we'll do it again because later, in the middle of the night, she said there was a baby sleeping in her room...and there wasn't.  I think we confused her.

One of the many lists I made while we were prepping for our trip.  I even typed a bunch of this stuff up, but never got around to printing it.  It was a good idea any way. Doug's phone had GPS, so we were fine without all my old school stuff,  but it made me happy to do it. :)

We got to Webbers Falls LATE, we had bathed the kids at my parents place, and they were already in their pjs.



Day 224 (Sunday 11-3):

For whatever reason, I did not take many pictures this day.  Here's the two I got of the kids eating breakfast at Kristee and Jason's place.  They loved eating powdered donuts!!!



We went to Sunday School and church with them in the morning. I had been to this church with the kids, the previous Sunday when Doug was out of town.  Kees is still going to Sunday School with us because he doesn't want to be left. (For all those judging my parenting, I fully intended to work on this, when we are settled and attending the same church every week, for now, I'm not pushing it.)  As we were walking, Doug, Kees, and I, over to the main building for church,  Kees said, "Daddy, this is the church I preach at."  Hmmm....so I asked, "What do you preach about?"  He replied, "About Daniel in the Lion's den."  Oh, well that explains it.

Sunday evening was our first chance to speak about GoodSeed.  In case you forgot, or hadn't heard yet, we have joined GoodSeed international.  We'll be moving to Idaho, as I mentioned above and Doug will be working in their translation department, helping coordinate translations all over the world! And I'll be writing for them in various ways, doing project write ups to start. Anyway, the folks at Webbers Falls were a great audience and they bought a ton of books.  It was so exciting to be able to share what God is doing.  How lives are being changed through the message of these books, which is the gospel, Creation to Christ. 
When we speak at churches, we set up a table SIMILAR to this.  This is a picture I stole from Doug's phone, that he took when he was at that conference last week, but I felt bad I had no pictures of our first ever GoodSeed presentation....or whatever you want to call it.  So, just pretend, sort of how I pretend I have a brother. ;)

In just a few weeks, Billy Graham's son, Franklin Graham was going to be speaking in Thailand, and their organization chose to pass out the "By This Name" book, that's been translated into Thai.  We also heard that the Gideon's have been going around Thailand placing these books in hotel rooms. We know, firsthand, how clearly these books communicate the gospel, because we used the Thai version at our church when we were still living in Chiang Mai.  We're excited to hear, over the coming weeks, months, and years how God is going to continue to work in Thailand, through our friends, and these materials, or whatever means he chooses! ;)  God is good, all the time!
This is a copy of the booklet that was going to be handed out at the Franklin Graham meetings.

1 comment: