Tuesday, December 31, 2013

OKLAHOMA!!

Day Monday (12-16-13):

Another traveling day, hopefully our last LONG traveling day for 2013! We told my parents we were coming back on Tuesday, but came a day early to surprise them, cause who doesn't love surprise?!?  I'll tell you who: my mother.  Merry Christmas!!!

Flat Stanley, by the arch in St. Louis

Not sure why they decided to hide in their coats, but it was funny.

I'm pretty stylish with my green infinity scarf, $4 at Wal-mart, I'm a big spender.

The kids got slippers from Alicia, Hello Kitty for Kora, and Cars for Kees. They LOVE them!



 Okay, so like I mentioned above, my parents had no idea we were coming home a day early.  When we walked in the door, my mom, squealed, clapped, and said, "You're home!". Then she looked at us, her whole countenance fell and she said, "Oh no, it's you."  She was expecting my dad, he had been out on two fire calls that day.  Yeah, so maybe surprising my mom isn't always the best idea. Oh, well, it's done now.

Rocking the baby

When Grampa did get home, the kids watched "Mickey's Christmas Carol" with him. It began the infamous tradition of Christmas 2013. Subsequently, every single time Grampa walked through the door, Kora would hand him the video to watch. He ALWAYS said yes. In fact, the day after Christmas, she had him put it in, and when he tried to leave the room, she pointed at him, pointed at his chair, and then patted the seat.  Yeah, he came back.  Almost 2 year olds can be so bossy, and Grampas just don't say no.

Day Tuesday (12-17-13):

I think I was in crazy planning mode this day.  Since we were finally back in Oklahoma, I needed to plan what food to take where and which family we were seeing when. It was crunch time.  Let me just say this, I made way too much food.
Doug put a diaper on this Care Bear. It made Kora's day!


Day Wednesday (12-18-13):

Let the Christmas baking begin, and the stain glass windows got put in at the church and we got to go over and see them. Good thing we did, because at church that night, when it was dark, you couldn't really see them.  Glad we saw them when we did. I think they're going to have to figure out a way to illuminate them.

Going to meet Grampa for the window tour.

Grampa loves pecans. 

There are 4 different scenes, I chose to share this one, since it IS Christmas.

Spicy pretzels, per Jason's request!

Making Puppy Chow

I think he likes it.

Scandinavian Almond Bars, I think these are going to be a new Christmas tradition, they got good reviews!

I made some with red sprinkles since lots of kids aren't wild about nuts.

These are brownie balls, like cake balls, but I made homemade frosting, added nuts to the inside and dusted the outside as well, mostly to cover up the fact that I am so sloppy when I cover them with chocolate.  My dad requested almond bark.  No one really ate these, they were a lot of work, I don't think I'll mess with them next time, unless Doug really wants them.

After all the cooking, I should have gone to bed, but I HAD to watch the Sing-Off. I really missed Alicia. The Sing-Off is such a great show, but it's definitely better to watch with someone else who appreciates it's awesomeness!

Obviously, Kees did not appreciate it.


Day Thursday (12-19-13):

This was our "Christmas Eve" with my family. We were getting antsy waiting on the Ravans, so we packed the kids up and went to town (Prague). Not sure who all reads this silly blog, but in Oklahoma, when you live in a tiny rural town, that doesn't have a store, you "got to town" to get things.  Even the "town" you go to, isn't really that big, no Walmart.  We went to Dollar General, Doug took Kora, and I took Kees. We shopped for each other.  It didn't take long at all and it was really fun having the kids pick gifts for each other.  Kees and I picked an "OU" hat for Doug.  They had a camo OU hat, but I didn't think Doug would like it.  When we got in the car, Kees whispered in my ear, "I'm gonna trick daddy about what gift we got him. I'm gonna tell him we got him a *camera*".  I thought he said camera, but when he repeated it out loud to Doug, he said, "Daddy, we got you a camel hat."  So funny!

Then we went to Sonic for lunch, Kora was quite cranky and we were not getting her food to her fast enough. So we let them out of their car seats to distract them.  The food did finally come and Kora was happy again.

Kora picked the cheese out of her sandwich.

Kora wanted some of my caramel shake.  She wouldn't give it back, and then fell asleep holding it. When I tried to sneak it away from her, she woke up and snatched it back, put her lips over the straw and went right back to sleep.

Nap time.

Guess what they're watching?

Christmas Eve tradition: pajamas. This year, I added one book for each kid. I like new traditions!

Deanna's pajama pants.

Kees's turn.

Grampa helped Kora open hers.

Kora's book about baby animals. There was a cat in the book, she LOVES cats.

She read her book while Grampa helped her put her jammies on.

Grampa is famous for the Urkel pants.

Deanna showing me her book.

TRUCKS!

The kids loved their pjs, they were part of the presents they got from Freedom Fellowship in Wisconsin.  They're so nice!


Kora's pants were a little big. When I asked, "Kora, where's your pants." She did this!

Watching Elf, also a tradition (we also watch "A Christmas Story")

Looking at Gramee's tree.





Day Friday (12-20-13):

Christmas morning with my family!  Grampa made donuts.  The kids got their presents.  It was fun!


Kees got stickers in his stocking

Grampa is Kora's personal assistant.

She found a chocolate Santa! YES!

A giant car mat.  He loves it!

Checking it out.


Kora got a Minnie Mouse car. Kees has a Lightening McQueen car that they gave him his first Christmas, 4 years ago.  It's been used, and used, and used.  Totally worth whatever they paid for it.

She likes it!



Bubba is helping!

No comments:

Post a Comment