Monday, December 30, 2013

Indiana

Day Monday (11-18-13):

Leaving Ohio, it felt like too soon!  We had a great time with the Penas.  I don't know how to make the tilda on top of the "n" in Pena, so just pretend.  It was another traveling day. We were headed to Indiana, to a retreat place for missionaries that was started by a couple who used to be missionaries in Thailand.  It was nice to have a quiet place to re-group before the rest of our trip.

Morning snuggles, I'm pretty sure this made us "late", but I couldn't resist. She's not usually the snuggling type.

Kora's ready to go!

Playing with our Arthur book.

We were stuck in traffic for a while, when we finally got up to the cause, there were several police cars. Not sure what it was about....

Indiana!

Barn

Our home away from home for the next few days.
Checking out the toys.


Day Tuesday (11-19-13):
Somehow, I forgot to get pictures this day, so I'll just give the general overview. We stayed with Dave and Irene Lewis at a retreat center they run for missionaries/pastors etc. They emailed ahead of time to see what kind of food we eat, and they were excellent hosts.  One night we had some amazing Thai food, actually, it might have been more than one night.  They were so accommodating! Dave was working on a puzzle all week and Doug and Kees were able to help.

Day Wednesday (11-20-13):

I had a trip to town, all by myself!  I spent a LOOOOONG time looking around at Big Lots and then went and picked up some groceries.
Yes, Forever Lazy.


Chai tea is my favorite

Kees playing

My sweater boots.


Day Thursday (11-21-13):

Dave and Irene helped us get some passes to go to the Creation Museum that was about 30 minutes away, in Kentucky.  The kids had a great time. Hands down, the BEST part was the Planetarium.  It was so cool!
We're here!

Lunch, Kora dipped her pizza in ketchup, you can take the girl out of Thailand, but you can't take the Thailand out of the girl! :)

I took Kora for a bathroom break, she discovered this toilet paper and decided it was the fashion accessory she'd been missing.

Kees decided pushing Kora was a great idea, wish I'd thought of this sooner. We were able to rent this stroller, actually it was just a deposit that we got back when we returned the stroller.

Still got her "scarf"

Looking at the ark

Kees was happy to pose for pictures....that's not like him, but I'll take it!

I think he really liked being able to move Kora to different spots for pictures.



And here's my awkward moment of the day: I've never worn skinny jeans or leggings.  I had just recently inherited those boots from Kari and decided I'd try to dress cute-ish for our day out. And wouldn't you know, everyone, and their mom was wearing floor length skirts and head coverings. Fashion fail.

This was Kees favorite part, the bugs!

He also liked the dinosaurs, but I think he was a little disappointed because he thought he was going to see a real dinosaur and by real he meant ALIVE.

She started running and Kees grabbed her.

They got coloring sheets at story time.

Kees sat on a mat like the two other kids that were in there.

Kora started out sitting by Doug, but then she went and got her own mat and put it down so she could sit with the big kids

She had to sit by me after she got off her mat and tried to take the book from the story lady. 

Looking at the animals

This giraffe is for Kari.

Running!

She's so happy!

What a sweet family. Love Kees's expression in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment