Sunday, December 29, 2013

Daddy's HOME! Plus eating gravel and Halloween!

Day 219 (Tuesday 10-29):

While we were eating breakfast, Daddy was traveling back to us! We missed him so, so, so much!
This boy loves his juice.

And this girl loves her yogurt AND making messes.

Look, look, he's coming!

I was so antsy to go pick Doug up, that I left his Mom's place around 10:30, even though his flight didn't get in until 2:40. I just needed to be busy. So, I took the kids to the library.
Doing a puzzle.

She's still!
Puppets

Love this girl, she's a sweetie.

They have cool computers at the library!

I want one of these!  You can sort these magnetic balls, and there's ZERO mess because they're under the plexy glass, genius!

She thinks she knows what she's doing and maybe SHE does and I don't. ;)

Doug's in the AIR!

You can take the boy out of Thailand, but you can't take the Thailand out of the boy.  He HAD to take his shoes off. 

Doug's layover, not sure what city...

Then we went to Sonic for lunch, and by the time we got to Target to shop around, Kora had fallen asleep.
She's OUT.

So, Kees and I hung out. I voxed a few friends (left them ridiculously long audio messages to listen to at their convenience).  When Kora woke up, we went inside and we found the coolest skeleton sweat shirts that we absolutely could NOT leave in the store, they were on sale for $4.
I love this picture, don't miss his sweet smile in the mirror.

Toys that came in their kids packs.
First we saw this...

Then, Kees started doing this, "O. U. !"

This stresses me out, too many choices! (Amanda, I was thinking of you!)
Oh, the Halloween stuff!

Kora love these books.
She picked a ball that matched her outfit.
Then it was finally time to go get daddy!  We got there too early and I had to drive around a couple times. I eventually found a free place to park, then picked Doug up, after running inside to go to the bathroom because my bladder was close to explosion.
Almost time!

Kees fell asleep on the way.
She looks sleepy.

After driving around a couple times, I found this place to park and wait.


Doug wasn't feeling great, so we hung out, but he went to bed early. After Kora went to bed, Kees and I had a fun movie night with all kinds of yummy snacks!
Doug looks tired, but he's still listening to Kees's story, whatever it was.

Kees looking through his bag of interesting things.

Movie night!

Fun plates: brownies, hummus with pretzel crisps, hot tamales, popcorn, and who knows what else.  It was fun!

Day 220 (Wednesday 10-30):

We may have worn our skeleton shirts every day until Halloween. I did laundry every night so the kids could wear them. Kora kept seeing it and insisting to wear it, which I was perfectly happy to oblige since she's been on a nude kick lately.
Same shirt, different day, could get better, but it's gonna get worse.  (Who knows what song I'm referencing here?)

Yeah!

That awkward moment, when you're two months behind on blogging and you have a random picture of toy pizza and you can't remember why.

View from Grandma's balcony.

Day 221 (Thursday 10-31):

Halloween!  I got the kids all dressed up in their skeleton sweat shirts and took them for a nature walk in the park. Best idea ever. We took our Halloween buckets and picked up all sort of interesting things. Kees has been collecting interesting things for a while now, and I was happy to expand on that interest.

Walking down the stairs, it's so exciting!

Well maybe not for everyone.

Look at this beautiful day!

We had so much fun and I got way too many cute pictures, and here they are....
There's some excitement!

Kees loved all these leaves on the ground.

The obligatory, pose in front of this runner picture. I think he does this every time we go over to the park. ;)

She is such a girl, love how she carried her bucket.

Kora mostly put gravel in her bucket and then took it out in handfuls.

Some of them, she ate.
That was distasteful, now you will be reduced to your common life on the ground. "BE GONE!"

Kees was so excited, I halfway listened, and took this picture without looking to closely. I thought he said, "Look, GRASS!"  Um, upon further review, I believe he said, "Look, GLASS!"  Parenting 101, maybe I should take that class, I mean grass, I mean glass, no CLASS!





Look at her, all up on her tippy toes.
More gravel.

Aww, that look of joy.

Rocks.

MONEY!

Money!

I found money!





How could you not love that shadow!?  She is so dainty.

Running to catch up.

Helping Kora.

I had to run over to her and keep her from going in that muddy water.



This is REAL work.

Why do you keep tasting the gravel?
He's always looking out for her.

She's getting good at posing, probably because I take so many pictures of her.  (Who has see the Jim Gaffigan, "I have more pictures of my kids than my dad ever looked at me!"

Over her head.

One of my favorites!  So Kora's headband is a funny story. The bow is a separate piece. It was originally all white, but it somehow got stained orange, I think it was pressed against an orange marker accidentally. Anyway, I almost threw it out, but then I thought it'd be cute for Halloween.  Just kidding, I saw it on pinterest, I'm really creative and crafty, it took a long time, but I'm just that dedicated. (Okay, it's the first story, but don't tell).

Kees shared one of his big branches with her.

She wanted to carry it.

This blue line was very exciting for us.

Kees practicing trick or treating.

Crazy hair, crazy face, crazy kid, love him like crazy!
After our Halloween photo shoot, we went over to Aunt Shevaun and Uncle Tim's place to eat and trick or treat. None of the pictures turned out that great, but I will say, Kora loved eating the candy and kept wanting to sit down to eat it.  Kees was working on finishing his one piece of pizza for about an hour while we were trick or treating. Kora had already gone home, and as soon as his pizza was gone, Kees was ready to go home to go to the bathroom and eat his candy.  He was so polite at every house we visited and I was one proud Momma!

Kees, Claire, Kora, Jacob, Madeline, and boyfriend, I think his name is Dillon or Dylan, but I don't know how you spell it.

Before we ever left the house.

Claire a bell (tinker bell)

At the first house, eating nerds, I think she went to one more house and then she was done.

Spooky!

Red lights, Kees liked this!

He also liked these.

Tried to get Kees to take a picture next to this OU flag, he cooperates so well. Every one take note of the pizza in his hand! This was at least 30 minutes in.
Showing off the potato head he built.

Playing with dry ice, cause we're cool like that.

oooooo

Don't breathe too deep.

Scary!

Alex loves Uncle Doug! They bond over video games and dry ice.

Playing in Claire's room.

Kora's pants are conspicuously missing....hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment