Monday, December 30, 2013

Ohio

Day Thursday (11-14-13):

We left Pennsylvania, and headed to Ohio to visit Kari and Kevin.  Kari was a bridesmaid in my wedding and my best friend for forever, but we also haven't seen each other in a very long time.  Well, that's not true because I saw her a few months ago for lunch, but it only halfway counts because it went by too fast and I think I was still in reverse culture shock haze.  So it was a traveling day.  When we got to her place, well her fake place, no one was home. And I was actually glad no one was at the first place we tried because it wasn't their place. Whoops. Somehow I inverted a couple of the numbers in her address.  So, yeah.  This was bad because we went to the wrong place, but we also left a couple things at Matt and Ashley's (in VA) and they mailed it to the wrong address...the one I gave them.  Double whoops.  When we figured out the right place, they weren't there either, but it gave us a chance to hang out in the van and the kids loved exploring the front seat. We didn't have to wait too long and then we got to see sweet Kullen, the real reason we were there, but don't tell his parents.

Driving

Pittsburgh is pretty cool looking



Was gonna tell the kids we made it to Ohio, but they were both asleep.

At the Car Wash, yeah!

Kora was scared in the Car Wash.

Waiting at Kari's.

She's such a sweetie!

Oooo...buttons!

Stickers

Yes!

Sigh! We don't do Santa, Doug didn't want to and I didn't care. Recently, Doug has discovered the Krampus, which is Santa's evil counterpart.  He was telling Kees about the Krampus and his phone dinged.  It scared Kees.  Doug just laughed, but....



I said the Krampus was gonna come spank Daddy and Kees lit right up.  He thought that was so funny!


Day Friday (11-15-13):

We didn't do much on Friday. But Kari gave me some shoes. YES!  And the kids played and got used to their surroundings.  I was thrilled to just relax a bit after all our travels.
Cause I'm cool like that

Not sure what she was happy about.

I think he hid something in his shirt, but I can't remember what.

Kora rocking her new boots!

Snuggly nap.


Day Saturday (11-16-13):

We got to go see Guide Church Baptist and meet the staff there, then we had lunch at the mall, went back to Kari's place for a while. Then Kari and I went shopping.  For dinner, we went to a stir fry place, called bd's Mongolian Grill.  It was so good!

On our way to check out Kari's church, I didn't get pictures of that, after we were at the church and met everyone, we headed to the mall.


Kees!


Notice the pizza in Kees's hand.  We left the table and all he had left was the crust. He had to go to the bathroom, so I held it for him.  When he was washing his hands he said I could have it, so I tossed it in the trash.  Apparently that was the WRONG thing to do. He cried and cried.  So now I have to be sure when he gives me something that I double check before I do as I please.  When you're 4, there are conditions on when you "give" something.

Driving with my friends.

Oh the foreshadowing with that pizza..

Play place, Kora tried to run out into the mall at one point.  We ended up leaving pretty quickly.



Kari and I went back to the mall later in the afternoon, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans. When we came back, we walked in, to see this!  Hilarious!

We went to eat at one of those places where they stir fry your food for you.  It was yummy!

Kora was nuts at this restaurant and Doug ended up taking her out to the van.




Kullen LOVES the Lorax!

Day Sunday (11-17-13):

Kari and Kevin moved to Ohio a couple years back to be a part of a church plant there. I remember Kari telling us about it and praying for them as they left and continuing to pray for them over the past couple years. It was incredible to see it first hand.  It's amazing what God has done through this church in such a short amount of time.  So, so cool! Definitely one of the highlights of our trip!  We were able to share for a few minutes during their morning service and set up our GoodSeed table. There was a lot of interest in the books, and we left the table out for the evening service as well.  It's so fun getting to talk to people before and after these services.  Awesome stories!

Sunday afternoon, sitting around talking with Kari and Kevin was the BEST part of the trip for me.  I got to ask lots of questions about their ministry and it was encouraging to share stories of how God has been faithful and blessed in each of our lives over the years when we haven't necessarily kept in touch like we should.  Great, great time with them, and not nearly long enough!
I love their logo!

Kees was feeling grumpy and unsocial.

It's almost time!!! (and p.s. 1-15 is my birthday)

Doug shared a little, and then I shared.

Lunch at Steak N Shake. Thank you Jesus Kora slept, she tends to act crazy at restaurants, this was a nice change of pace.

She thinks she can drive.

The boy

She's too cool.

This girl loves her ice cream and my ice cream. This was supposed to be mine, but her and Doug ate about 9/10ths of it.

Look, I got a picture of the table this time!

This boy was so helpful!  He entertained Kora for me.


Using the paint markers again, sometimes I'm brave, or wreckless, not sure which.


No comments:

Post a Comment