Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Pizza That Saved the World

Wednesday (3-19-14):


It was another busy day of unpacking, and let's be real, re-organizing. (In real time, I'm still doing that).  I'm always changing where I want to put things, poor Doug can't find stuff sometimes.  You're lucky you're not married to me (unless you're Doug reading this and you, my sir,  are very lucky to have me!).

While I did the ADHD version of setting up house, my kids continued to re-discover their stuff.  And in case you've not been blessed with the knowledge of what "the ADHD version of setting up a house" looks like, let me enlighten you.  You start in the kitchen, unpack a couple things, until you need a bathroom break, while you're in the bathroom break, you see something that needs to be done in there, so you do it.  Then, as you travel back to the kitchen, you notice the laundry room, and decide to start a load.  As you're gathering up clothes, you may notice the bed needs to be made, so you make it. Then you decide to go make up the bed in the other room and remember you never got your kids dressed for the day. While you're dressing the kids, they ask you to read them a book.  As you are finishing up the story, you realize it's lunch time. When you go into the kitchen, you she a half unpacked box that you started working on at 8 am. This is my life...I take back my statement about Doug being lucky.  Sorry sweetie!



And after lunch, it's more stories, and nap time.  And as you can see that story about my ADHD was made up just to give you an idea of how it may have happened.  My kids are obviously still in their pajamas. I feel much more guilty about this than I probably should and may lose an hour or more of sleep over it.


After Doug got home, my obsessive compulsive disorder kicked in and I felt a crazed urgency to go buy a swimsuit because I wanted to take the kids to swim the next day and I didn't have a swimsuit.  When I came home, and tried mine on to show the kids, they wanted to try theirs on too.





Thursday (3-20-14):

Side walk chalk, No Kroc, a cranky momma, pizza love, friend time, coffee filters

Who remembers me hauling my kids, our stuff, and myself to the Kroc center when the play place was NOT open for 2 more hours?  I almost did the SAME thing on this day, but with swim gear added to the mix.  More to come later...

Breakfast!


Sidewalk chalk, I think it's too cold to be outside, but I'm a pansy.

And, the apples!  Somewhere during this time, I checked the Kroc schedule and realized the pool wasn't open when we could go, darn nap time!  And, here's emotional meltdown number 3 ish, who's really keeping track?  I forgot to mention about when I cried in my soup at the ladies lunch...that was a week after we'd got to town. Thankfully, no one pointed at me or laughed. They even shared stories about how they'd had rough adjustments or bad Mondays.  Love it when the first impression I give people is that I cry willy nilly any time I get asked a simple question. And while that statement may be true at certain times during my life, I like to think it's not true ALL the time. 

Moving on, back to the apples...

Isn't she cute!?!

Seriously, look at that face...


And then I discovered this... really Kora?  Every bite had to be spit back out. Not one of those was good enough to swallow!  I may have sent this picture to Doug and convinced him I needed pizza, chocolate, and Dr. Pepper.

And that handsome man of mine delivered.  Sorry ladies, he's taken!

The kids enjoyed it too!  Kora had plenty of room since none of her apple made it to her stomach.  We're not allowed to eat those around the house anymore...


My fabulous new friend Lavonne never gives up on me, no matter how crazy my kids are or how many times I cry when I'm talking to her.  Her family lived in Panama and served as missionaries for a LONG time, she's adjusting to America right along with me. We're kindred spirits.  We are ATTEMPTING to get ready to go to the park with Lavonne in the picture.  Notice Kora's footwear. These lovely Hello Kitty slippers were given to us by our (fake) aunt Alicia (my buddy from Thailand, lives in Illinois, ate nachos with us all the time...you remember).  Anyway, Kora wanted to wear these to the park, and it was quite a traumatic ordeal convincing her they were not outside shoes. They ended up going to the park in her Hello Kitty purse, also pictured here. Grandma Sheryl gave her that, and it's getting quite worn.

Real friends push your kids on the swing, so you don't have to.


And, as if my day had not been eventful enough, this happened.  Those little white disks are coffee filters that go with Doug's aeropress...it makes coffee...it's a magical device. (Go buy one here.)

Is anyone surprised that after Kora did this, Doug moved his aeropress to the GoodSeed office and we've never seen it again. It's kind of an issue on the weekend because we have no other way of making coffee and usually around 2 pm Doug remembers he hasn't had coffee and that's why he's moody.

This girl will be the death of me.

And I was in the mood to blog, but had to study for my driving test instead.  Guess how much fun this was? NONE!  And I only lasted 20 minutes and went to bed earlier than I had in 3 months to avoid having to study any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment