Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Taco Tuesday, but it's Lemonade.

Okay, Tuesday has been dubbed as "Taco Tuesday".  Who has seen "The Lego Movie"?





If you haven't seen the movie, this is slightly less funny.  I was trying to figure out what to post on each day of the week, and Taco Tuesday as the title for recipe sharing days, seemed like a good idea and easy for my ADHD brain to remember.

Today's recipe is LEMONADE

You can find it here.

I love lemonade. It's just one of those special treats that never disappoints.


There was an Auntie Anne's in Thailand, they had lemonade that was delicious, so very occasionally, we'd get some at the mall.  Lemons were hard to find in Thailand. I did get them once, at Royal Project, and guess what...I made lemonade.  Mmm...now I want lemonade.

Anyway, this recipe is basically just lemon juice, sugar and water. It's a simple recipe, but that's what I like, simple recipes.  You can make this with bottled lemon juice, but it isn't nearly as good and certain members of my family (DOUG TOMLINSON) have been quite insulting when I've made it this way.  I made Strawberry Lemonade for Kora's 2nd birthday party using the bottled lemon juice, I just added frozen strawberry puree.  I thought it tasted good, but Doug made a face and would give zero suggestions on how it could be fixed to his liking.  Fine, drink water, and be a crank pot.  Everyone else seemed to like it okay, but let's be honest, if it was as awful as Doug claimed, no one else would have been brave enough to say so because they wouldn't want to be the reason I'm crying in the bathroom at my daughter's birthday party.  I figured this was a happy medium, lemons are not in season in January, but lemonade made from bottled lemon juice HAS to be better than Country Time.  I'm not sure Doug would agree, but his vote doesn't count.

Now that it's FINALLY summer time, I'm hoping I score some cheap lemons so I can make lemonade and put fresh strawberries in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment