Sunday, May 18, 2014

Slowly Suffocating

Friday (3-14-14):

After having the kids by myself, packing for us, taking a trip to Texas, flying to Idaho, and setting up house, I was ready for a day out.  Doug and the kids were not interested in seeing the Veronica Mars movie or shopping. So I ventured out alone, to Spokane.   I took a few pictures while I was driving...only when I was sitting at stop lights.


See that "Parking" sign under the Nordstrom's sign?  Good for you, I missed it and ended up having to figure out how to maneuver back on one way streets.  And they CHARGED for parking, absurd!

I had Subway and took a selfie before I headed to my movie, which was fabulous by the way!  Anytime I'm going to crowded places I try to wear Oklahoma stuff, people need to know.

Here's a view from inside the mall, looking out to the street, there's a Melting Pot over there!

Heading back toward Idaho, in case you missed it, I had to travel across state lines because the Veronica Mars movie only played in select theaters.   I missed my turn to get on the highway and had to make a weird block, but it was easy enough.

Shopping at Ross, I found a clock!  I sent Doug pictures of a couple different ones and he picked this one.

I shopped at a few different store, TJ Max and Ross, it was evening before I got home.  Here's a cute picture of my sleeping boy.


Saturday (3-15-14)

Apparently all I did this day was take a picture of these kids in their jammies. Some of these early days I think I was so busy shopping and unpacking, I forgot to get better photos. Wish I would have at least jotted down what all I got done that day, so I would have something to show for it!




Sunday (3-16-14)

My first Sunday, we had already visited one church when we visited and Doug had been back there when he came for the seminar in October.  That's the church we visited my first Sunday as an official resident.  I think I took this first picture to show the sand table and picnic table out on the balcony. So, there ya go.


My kids are obsessed with feetie pajamas and wear them every time they come through the wash.  The couch that was given to us is an "L" shape, but for the first month or so we had it split up and I covered it with the brown blankets the previous owners had used.  It lasted about 3 days and then I was going nuts trying to reposition them all the time, my kids are nuts.

And here's the suffocation....

Kees is quiet in church.  But I guess he was feeling overwhelmed because he wanted to sit in my lap and he kept squirming around to get comfortable and never succeeded. What he did succeed in doing was giving me a panic attack.  I sure love my kids and snuggling is great, but this day I was feeling overwhelmed too.  We were quite the pair.  (Things in real time have gotten much, much better. As I look back on this day and remember how emotional I was, I want to tell my past self to take deep breaths and remember, it's been less than a week, give it TIME!)


These two love, love each other.  Kees is always so excited to go pick her up after church.


At home, on our couch, taking a Sunday afternoon nap. Now he's comfortable, and I was enjoying holding his hand.  I am constantly aware of the fact that these days are fleeting and I frequently close my eyes and thank God for the time I have with my young kids, ups and downs, highs and lows, it's a beautiful mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment