Monday, May 19, 2014

Suzie Homemaker

 Feeling a little emotional and nostalgic, we are about to embark on the last official blog post from my blog a day for a year.  INSANITY!

Sunday (3-23-14):

Since being wallered for 1 1/2 hours straight isn't something I enjoy.  I got creative and brought one of Kees's Highlights puzzle books for him to work on during church.  One major drawback, he asked me tons of questions, and his whisper isn't really a whisper.


After church...the ramp!




Heading to the van, and home.

They have round a bouts here. Is that even how you spell that, spell checker isn't harassing me about it, so I guess it works.

Reading...

And drums. We stopped by Big Lots on the way home and I took a little too long inside and Doug was not pleased to have been trapped in the car with the Tomlinson children. Sorry, Doug.






Monday (3-24-14):

Glad my kids love baths!

Cooking more Thai food.  We decided to take some up to the GoodSeed office to share. We made three batches, a beef with no potatoes, chicken with potatoes, and a vegetarian.  And we brought both kinds of rice: jasmine and sticky.  We made it ahead and took it the following day.



Tuesday (3-25-14):

Kora enjoying her morning milk.


This kid loves to sleep and he loves those pjs. How is he so big???

Doug came home at lunch time to pick us up and take us to share our Thai food with his friends.  Kora is such a diva.  I think this is the day she demanded I change into boots to match her.




I'm glad I took this next picture, because I FORGOT about the Thai tea.  I spent literally 3 hours making it.  Why do I do things like this??? I was making it one cup at a time at first because I don't have a strainer or anything and it's all loose leaf.   After about an hour I realized this was going to be way too slow and threw a bunch of the loose stuff into the pitcher, then strained it with a cheese cloth and a regular strainer thing. It still tasted off and I had to keep adding sugar and water until I got it right. I also only have one pitcher and had to put the second batch into a different container.  Not to mention the red tea stained counter and MESS.  I had to get bleach to clean the counter tops, all in all, NOT WORTH IT!  I would swear Amelia Bedilia is based on me, but it was written before my time.


They ate it all! Awesome!

Doug's first desk. He's moved around a few times. Not sure where he's at now.

And, yet another, fateful Walmart trip. Ugh!  We had just gotten to the back of the store when Kees told me he needed the bathroom. Guess what, the bathroom in the back was out of order, so we had to go back to the front.  I cannot even remember what all happened on this shopping day, but it was enough for me to NEVER want to take my children in public ever again.


We danced on the way home.

At the Kroc center.  We had snacks and the kids got to play. Doug met us and graciously pulled the wagon home.


These kids HAVE plastic cars to drive, but they made these baskets into cars.  Silly babies.

And that's it! Hard to believe.  When I started this blog, March 25, 2013, I planned to blog an entire year and fully expected to be in Thailand for the entire year.  Just when you think you've got things figured out, life throws you a curve ball.  This blog has made me insane and saved my sanity all at the same time.  There were days I really didn't want to share or be honest about my struggles, and I found that those were the days I needed the blog the most.  It's helped me process my emotions and kept me focused.  You all, my dear readers, have kept me encouraged.  If no one ever read this blog, it would still be worth it to me, the memories, the heartaches, the frustrations, the joy, the new beginning.  Wow!  Can you believe it?! 

To my kids (30 years from now):  This blog is for you too.  You may not remember a lot of this crazy time in our lives, but I hope this is a small gift for you.  I hope every single post is a taste of how special and important you are to me.  "The world may not think you're someone, but to someone (me) you are the world!"  ALWAYS, I love you both to the moon and back!  Thank you for giving me that extra joy in every day that keeps me going.  God has blessed me beyond measure!

And to Doug, then, now, and in the future: Thank you for always expecting the best from me and believing I can do anything. I know you're wrong, but it means so much to me. Thank you for giving the kids baths and getting them to bed while I typed the night away.  And thank you for making the tough decisions and following the Lord, no matter what.  You have been our rock. You're married to a crazy lady, God bless you!

1 comment: