Sunday, May 18, 2014

IDAHO Potato Soup

Monday (3-17-14):

Kora's nap, LUNCH, crying, Kroc center

Well, here is yet another day, that I don't remember much of what happened. I even made notes for myself and I can't make sense of them.  I'm old.

I have this picture....


According to my notes, we went to the Kroc center, and I cried.  I'm guessing this was the day I carried Kora and my giant purse across the street to use the indoor play place at the Kroc Center.  It has a gym, indoor pool (almost a water park, there's a big slide), indoor play place, cafe, church, game room, climbing wall, and offers quite a few exercise class.  I didn't check the schedule before we trekked over, and the play place wasn't open for another 2 hours.  I cried. If I remember correctly it was a culmination of things, but I only remember the part about not being able to play and being frustrated about hauling ourselves over there. 


Tuesday (3-18-14):

Soup, Costco, Card, passport pics, the wagon, I'm obsessed with these bottles, the view, the park, veggie buying for the diet, lots of shopping

We had millions of potatoes, so I made a big batch of potato soup to take to the GoodSeed office.  The kids "helped". :)







After our lunch date with daddy and all his friends, we headed over to Costco (kind of like Sam's Club for you Southerners).  We needed to get passport pictures taken because we LOST our passports during the move.  Most expensive mistake EVER!  Well maybe not ever, but it's the most expensive one I've made, that I can think of. There was an incident when I was a teenager and I was confused about my new fangled cell phone and ran up a pretty high bill.  I thought it was free after 7 pm, but it was actually free after 9 pm...my dad paid for that mistake and it was a lot, but not as much as replacing 4 passports.  I'm kicking myself right now!

We bought this wagon, it's been a lifesaver and worth every penny, especially since Doug drives to work some days.

Okay, who remembers the water bottle Doug bought me, the same kind I couldn't find at that crazy Walmart and the same kind that squirted me on the plane.  Despite the drama surrounding these water bottles, I love them!  And don't *need* any more of them, but they're so pretty.  I didn't buy these.  I told Doug to buy a box of them and fill them with candy and give them to me for the next three holidays: Mother's Day, Christmas, and my birthday NEXT YEAR.   He didn't do it.  (Now in real time, the sold out! DOUGLAS!)

Driving back to our house, love the views here.  New tall trees to enjoy, and new mountains, new beginning here, but also reminders of home (Chiang Mai).

We headed to the playground next...somebody's excited!

Kees told Kora some nonsense.  If I remember correctly he told her that every single black spot on the side walk was poop.  You know, the gum that turns to tar, yeah, so that made her walker faster....

See how pretty!!!


In the evening I ventured out to shop.  I have found a couple great stores here, this is Grocery Outlet, they have amazing deals.  It's an overstock store, so you never know what they'll have and you can't get everything on your list, but you can get most everything and sometimes the deals are crazy good!  I love how they always have different things, keeps it interesting!  I was also trying to stock up on the foods that Douglas had approved for his new diet.  (In real time, the diet lasted 6 weeks, and he's been working out 3 times a week and walking 2 miles to work!  Hooray Douglas!  He's still exercising and counting calories, but the quit the weirdo diet he was doing.)

1 comment:

  1. take it from me get fit while you are young Doug!you are doing the right thing and avoid all the health related benefits!

    ReplyDelete