Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Party Office and MY SISTER WROTE A BOOK!

Tuesday (3-11-14):


Well I'd lived in Idaho about 10 hours, and it was already time to get up and at 'em.  We went and signed the lease for our place.  And while I've mentioned our place, we had tons of furniture given to us by GoodSeed folks and even kitchen odds and ends, sheets, blankets.  Such a blessing. I didn't have to rush out and buy anything, except a rice cooker, but that's a given.  We had a table, a giant couch, two bar stools, beds, end tables, a washer and dryer, a book shelf, and who knows what all. Every time I turned around there was a new treasure to be found.  So, so thankful!  Not to mention, they insisted on throwing a welcome party for us as well. We went out to breakfast on our way, and didn't quite save enough room for the goodies that were set out at the "Party Office".  When we visited, back in August, we were at the GoodSeed office for a going away party, and Kees started calling it the "Party Office",  the name kind of stuck. :)


How thoughtful!  Someone picked up some balloons for our kids. (They were hours and WEEKS of fun!)

I think Kees took this picture.

Rachel set the kids up with their own little office and gave them an assignment. They were working on the GoodSeed web design.  They loved their job and so do we!



Rachel even checked their work to lend authenticity to this ruse.  Potential future babysitter material right there, I bet that was her plan all along.

I'm not even sure what all I did with the rest of this day.  I know we went by Big Lots and I looked around, but just window shopping. And I think I unpacked some things here and there.  I know this, I was busy enough to not stop and take pictures. :)

In the evening, we had dinner with some co-workers and they gave us presents! Tons of different kinds of potatoes, and a little goody bag for the kids.  We sure do feel loved!

Wedensday (3-12-14):

Another busy day, the kids found some of their long lost toys, the few we managed to bring back from Thailand. They hadn't seen them in months since they had been in storage. I also remembered to snap a picture of SOME of the potatoes we were given. We're in Idaho alright, and this girl loves potatoes!!!



Scout! (Grandpa Boo, do you remember? He still loves Scout, but Kora needs one...she's always trying to take his)

In the evening we had dinner plans with different co-workers and the scheduled meals forced me to take breaks, and that's a really good thing.

Thursday (3-13-14):

I typically work best late at night.  I stay up after everyone else is asleep and organize till my heart is content.  I unpacked more of the kids things and got them put away.  Kora woke up and went straight for the books. That girl loves, loves to read.


Oatmeal for breakfast, the previous night on the way home from dinner, we went back to Big Lots and I bought a little picnic table and a sand table for the kids.  At some point we'd also been to Walmart because I see our vacuum in the background and that's where we bought it. :)  And for all those interested in an update, my displeasure with Walmart continues here in Idaho.  The store here is organized well and I have no complaints about that, but the light to turn into Walmart is ridiculously long and the store itself is so huge.  I used to love Walmart, the prices, the selection, but now their prices aren't the best and the selection can be overwhelming. A small part of me still wants to love Walmart, but that part is dying fast. :(  And the list of things I "need" to go to Walmart for is dwindling.  I think Walmart and I have just grown apart. She changed while I was away and I changed.  It's tragic in many ways.

Our kitchen, look I bought magnetic chip clips!

Okay, this table is smaller than I was thinking. When the kids do art on it, I have to fold the paper in half.  But, we don't have a yard and small is good for a balcony.


A little bit of what still needed to be done, there's a table in there somewhere.

Sand and water table = teacher heaven!

Thomas trains!

 I laid down with the kids at nap time.  I truly enjoy every snuggle I get with these two and dread the day they outgrow it.  Maybe time for a new model, eh, Douglas?!

I'm a real life person, in a real live kitchen, making real live food!  Hooray! The famous malt ball (does not contain malt, it's really oatmeal power balls) and salsa!

My sister, the one and only, has been working on her book for 12 years!  In the last few months she has been editing, and re-editing and working like crazy for launch day! It was supposed to be live at midnight, but it got posted a little early!

This book is amazing, stop right now, go download it or order the hard copy, if you have any questions, just ask!

I am so, so proud of her and this book is so good, you will not be disappointed. If you've read the book, go write a review on amazon, that'll help her sell more copies. She's working on the sequel and I can't wait.

Here's my synopsis of the book:

There's a young girl named Lily who finds out on her birthday that the dad she thought died a LONG time ago, is actually alive and well and the King of a fairytale land that they have access to through a portal in their bathtub. Her mom has been lying to her for years because there was a stipulation within the kingdom that if her dad saw her before this birthday, she could never rule the kingdom.  And do you want to know the real kicker, she's never liked fairy tales and she obsessed with math! 

I could go on and on, but just know, my sister is extremely clever and imaginative and this book will not disappoint you, unless you hate reading and have no soul.


1 comment: