Sunday, May 18, 2014

Kroc-tacular

Friday (3-21-14):

Selfie, for self confidence, before my driving test.  It worked, but barely. 

You'll notice the next picture shows, SUCCESS! You have to take a written test in Idaho. I posted on Facebook the night before that I'd be taking this test and someone commented about the "Open Range" law. If you hit someone's livestock in the road, you can be held liable.

You can miss 6 questions on this electronic test that TELLS you after each one you miss.  I missed the allotted amount and had 10 questions left.  Talk about panic!  One of the remaining ten questions happened to be about the "Open Range" law and there's no way I would have guessed it right!  Facebook saved my life, and Mati Winters, thank you for filling me in!




For some reason, blogspot is not letting me put text between a few of those pictures up there. :/

So, after my driving test, Doug took me to Thai food.  I had been seriously missing Thailand the previous couple of days and this food did more for my heart than it did for my taste buds and belly. And that, my friends, is saying something. It was delicious.  And my kids are Asian.

So delicious, and guess what, the owner is from Bangkok. Doug was able to chat with him and asked where the best Asian market was!  This restaurant is not in Coeur D'Alene, it's in Spokane Valley... so not even in Idaho, but only 20 minutes away or so.

And guess what this place just happens to be called, "BEST ASIAN MARKET".  Funny!

We bought a 25 lb of Thai jasmine rice and some glutinous (sticky) rice as well. We got coconut milk, curry paste, and all kinds of miscellaneous Thai goodies.  What a fabulous, fabulous day!


Well, someone was tired and didn't feel like using her words about it.  She lasted 3 minutes or so, then she was out.

Blue sky, fluffy clouds, mountains, trees....ahhh...

We checked Goodwill and a few other places on our way back home to see if they had chairs to go with our table.  We were unsuccessful. (It's been two months, in real time, and we still don't have chairs, we've borrowed a few folding chairs from the GoodSeed office). However, we DID discover THIS place!  We didn't eat anything, so who knows if it's actually good, but I'd wager this stuff is fantastic!  Who doesn't love food truck food?  I'll tell you who, snobs.

Boxes are always the best fun and packing peanuts to boot!  I dumped the packing peanuts all over the floor and regretted it.  Sometimes I have these wild ideas that seem fun in the moment, but the actual clean up involved quickly erases the good times.

At some point, when I was out shopping I bought a bag of lemons for $1.49!  I wanted to juice them and make lemonade. This day I juiced.  I don't think I remembered to make the actual lemonade until 3 weeks later.  It was still yummy, and not poisonous, cause I'm alive.

Finally heading to the KROC!  I think we still hadn't figured out how to get there during swim time, but we DID get to play at "Huckleberry Hollow".  It's an indoor play place and I never knew the name until about 3 days ago, when I told Kees, he said he hated that name, so we're back to calling it the indoor play place.  I wonder what he thinks huckleberry means...

Ooooo....and check out our wagon.  LOVE THIS THING!  It folds up too!











When we got home, I made crepes.  Hallelujah!

And soaked sticky rice!

And worked on the blog!

Saturday (3-22-14):

Potty training...the stuff of nightmares.

Our own curry! So delicious!

And dancing!
(As an addendum: I had so many issues figuring out the schedule at the Kroc center, that I got in the bad habit of calling it the "Stupid Kroc Center", which Kees picked up on and started saying it as well, every single time we drove by, which happens to be every time we go anywhere.  Now, in real time, 2 months later, I've finally broken him of the habit.  I *hope* I've learned from this little debacle, and it won't happen again, but only time will tell.)

No comments:

Post a Comment