Saturday, September 7, 2013

Road Trippin'

Day 150 (Wednesday 8-21):

Moma T. left to drive back to Texas. Kora wasn't dressed yet and I had just gotten out of the shower, but I took a 4 generation picture anyway.  Have to get a better one next time, but I'd rather get a crazy one than not have one at all.
4 Generations!

I spent all day packing and getting ready to go to bible camp in Canada (more on this later). We went to church, then when we got home, we stayed long enough to watch the latest episode of Duck Dynasty. While  we were doing all the last minute packing, Grampa gave the kids rides up and down the hallway on a blanket. They wore each other out I think. Both kids slept ALL night in the car. We left around 10:30 pm and the kids didn't wake up until 8:45 the next morning.
Pure Bliss

They loved this game.

Down the hall

At the last minute, we remembered we needed to bring bedding to camp...glad we didn't forget.

Happy Girl

Loading up

Gas light came on and all the gas stations were closed...I prayed...a lot, we made it to Salina, KS and got some more gas, thank you LORD!

Sleeping kiddos

Sleepy, sleepy guy

Sun's coming up, but they're still asleep

Day 151 (Thursday 8-22):

After spending the night in the car, we stopped at a really cool diner for breakfast. The food was yummy and we saw a cool poster of Elvis. 
A little rain

On I-70

Sunflowers in Colorado

This is my hair in it's natural state: disheveled & unkempt

For Kari, whose last name is Pena with the twirly tilda, but I don't know how to type that thing.

Coloring at the diner

Babies

He likes this camera

Say cheese

Giant amazing cinnamon roll, yes, please!

I combed my hair and put on a little make up, I felt so much better.

This breakfast was yummy and cheap, $3.99...I think.

Sorry Gramee, this was the best we could do.

Motorcycle hanging from the ceiling.

Outside the diner
We were heading up to Alberta Canada for a bible camp and had booked a hotel room in Sheridan, Wyoming. We finally got to the hotel around 5:30 pm.  Rested for a while, then went to Arby's and Wal-mart.  Let me tell you, Arby's raised their prices since I went to America.  It was shocking.
Wal-mart is looking all high class now, well played, Wal-mart, well played.

They don't look related...at all.

Doug is spitting sunflower seeds into that can. That's his little trick for staying awake. He listened to 90 million hours of podcasts.


Not sure where this is, somewhere between Oklahoma and Canada.

Wyoming...maybe...

Bridge

Farm

Doug has an Inn.

Sonic Caramel shake

Yeah...that happened.

America, the beautiful

Tiny square hay bales.

In Sheridan, FINALLY!


Day 152 (Friday 8-23):

We headed out around 8 am, traveled 11 hours and arrived at bible camp sometime after 7 pm, but there was a time change somewhere in there. 
Hotel breakfast

Extremely limited seating available

I packed a whole bag full of toys, every couple hours I'd hand something new back for the kids.  A lot of the stuff didn't entertain her highness for very long, but she loved the potato head.

It's art.

She always loves coloring.

Another view, Montana I'm guessing.

This thing broke so fast.

On the road

Sleeping kiddos, sure loved these hours of the trip.  Well all the hours were good, we had a fun kid CD that we WORE out!  Kees's favorite was: Do Your Ears Hang Low

Nice reflection from the car....whoops.

I thought those things looked like giant juicers.

More rain.

Mountains.

Oooo...I like this one, glad I took a picture.

Entering Canada

Alberta!

This is what I look like in Canada, apparently my eyebrows didn't magically pluck themselves...go figure.

There are still dinosaurs in Canada.

Where'd Kees go?

We got a little off track in Canada and ended up on a dirt road.

This one is for Sheryl. She was always fascinated by the 7-11s in Thailand...they have them in Canada too!

What are those tiny red huts?

Double rainbow!

Entering the camp grounds

The bible camp we attended was put on by GoodSeed. We were immediately impressed with how friendly everyone was, most of the people we'd never met before, but it didn't take long to feel like we had great friends. The teaching was EXCELLENT and the fellowship was even better.  Lots to share, but I'll wait for another time. Enjoy the pics for now...
View out our window

Gotta check out these bunk beds!

There was a nice gym at camp. Kees called it "the ball place"

Whoever is responsible for spelling my name correctly...you're my new best friend!



1 comment: