Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, football, and fun


Day 167 (Saturday 9-7):

Game day!  We enjoyed a nice Saturday with my parents watching football!  OU beat West Virginia (this time) thankfully! I also made some Pumpkin Whoopie pies.  They were okay, a little too cakey for my liking, but I'm not really sure what a whoopie pie is supposed to taste like because I've never had one.  Also, Doug made some fabulous coffee that Kristy gave us when we were visiting in Idaho, it was bestowed upon a very grateful recipient! Without further ado, the pictures....

Eating real pizza and pretend pizza, that's just how we roll.
He's a master chef.
Pumpkin whoopie pies.  I made my own frosting because I'm not in love with the canned stuff probably because I ate a life time's supply of the stuff when I was a kid...not sure if my parents were aware of that fact, but back in the day I hoarded the stuff.  Anyway, now I am a fan of homemade stuff, either buttercream or cream cheese frosting.  Someday, I will have a home of my own, and a kitchen again, when that day comes I will expand my frosting making repertoire, just you wait.
Sidewalk chalk
Before you ask, yes Kora wrote all of that, she's a genius.
See how proud she is.
Mmmm, coffee.


Day 168 (Sunday 9-8):

Church in America is always such a blessing.  Church in Thailand was always such a blessing as well, but for different reasons.  I am particularly enjoying the music, the sermons, and teaching Kees about normal church things.  Kees got to read lots of books with Gramee this day, he never gets tired of that!  And Kora got to have a mini shake from Sonic because they are half price after 8 pm!

Reading the music.
Books!
Love how he has his hands folded!

Dinner picnic
Ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment