Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Oh Canada!

Day  157 (Wednesday 8-28):

16 hours of fun, yep 16!  Let's just say we took the long way home, but it was worth every single minute.  We were part of a three car caravan back to Idaho where one of GoodSeed's offices is located.  There were a couple of German families who were visiting as well so they took us to some beautiful spots in Canada.  We left around 8 in the morning and got to Coeur d'Alene around 11, there was an hour time difference in there if you're trying to do the math and figure out where I got 16 hours from. I'll do my best to describe where all we stopped on the way, so on to the good stuff, the pictures!!!

These kids love sleeping in the car

In Canada, it's a "Supercentre", and don't you forget it!

Haven't seen these in America.

One of our tires was losing air, we stopped at a tire place and saw this sign, made me homesick!

Artwork and a cool bridge
Some people will tell you we were lost at this point, I choose to believe we took the long way around to see this cool people walking electronic sign.  Totally worth it. And Doug thought that thing was a "space needle" because allegedly the one in Oklahoma is called a "space needle", but we later were told that is offensive to the fine people of Washington, particularly those in Seattle.

Elephants in Canada.

Banff, is a real place and so is Medicine Hat.

I really liked this Canadian leaf emblem for some reason.

Scary, yet cool, if I ever decide I want a tatoo, I'm totally driving to this place to get it and I want that guy's face as the template for it.

Homes in Canada

One of the many beautiful views.

Chili's looks more high class in Banff.

Picnic at a scenic view, reminded us of our first roadside picnic in Thailand.

Kora loved the rocks.

Wish the picture did justice to the beautiful color of this water.  (This was the view when you looked to the left)

This was the view to the right.

She loved every single stop on this trip.

I like Kees's tongue sticking out and the baby wipes poking out of Doug's pocket.

Such excitement

More rock throwing.

Giant hamburger on top of a bug.

Watching cars drive by on the main road in Banff.

Kora playing with Karyn.

She loves all her new friends.

Pointing to one of the cars.

I had Doug get me a small iced Chai latte, the kids drank more than half before it got to me.

Another scenic stop off.

Lots of people stopped to take in this view!

My hair is looking so wild!

The Tomlinson crew

I have about 5 different ones of these and each expression of Kora's is better than the last. Such a happy girl.

Posing for Mommy

Kees with Karyn.

She was happy until she saw me, then she wanted me to take her.

This is another lake.

We followed a trail up to this amazing view. Surprisingly the water is so much more gorgeous in real life.

One of these chipmunks was brave enough to come pretty close. It startled Kees, and perhaps Kees's momma too.

That yellow wand is bubbles.

Hanging out with Jon and Esther.



This made me so happy. We were in one of the most disgusting bathrooms of all time, and believe me, I've seen my share. Kees was screaming and complaining about the smell, saying we'd have to find another one.  I finally convinced him that we had to use this bathroom, then turned around and saw this.  Nothing like a Sweet Brown quote to make me smile!

Burnt trees

Large animal, yeah, I don't know what it is, go ahead revoke my teacher's license.

One of our German friends getting a professional shot.

Still plugging along.

So many beautiful things to see on this drive.




Sun is setting.

We were listening to kid music and I was gently squeezing her foot to soothe her.  I looked back and this is how she had fallen asleep.  That's a potato head arm.



Day 158 (Thursday 8-29):

We got home late on Wednesday, then Thursday was all about throwing a farewell party for Luis. Luis is a missionary from Mexico planning to serve in Tanzania (I think). He was in Idaho for 3 months learning to speak English so he will be able to communicate with the other English speaking missionaries when he gets over there. He was heading back to Mexico first. The family we were staying with hosted an awesome backyard party for him.  We did our best to help when we could and stay out of the way, easier said then done with two little kids, but overall I think we managed.  This also gave me a chance to see Coeur d'Alene and spend time with Karyn....cool, cool.   I didn't take a ton of pictures, but I stole some from Doug's phone so you could see the yummy food we had. It's called "discada", I actually forgot the name and all I could think of was discotecha, I asked someone to refresh my memory.  I also googled it for you, check it out here.

Karyn's beautiful roses! I absolutely love this color.

Doug got to tour the GoodSeed office and warehouse, I was shopping with Karyn to get ready for the party.

Discada!

The meat was cooked and put up on the ledge thingy, then he added potatoes to the middle part.

Really great hosts have lots of kid's toys, just sayin.

Jalapenos to top it off, yum, yum, yum.

He so rarely cooperates.

Ta Da!



2 comments:

  1. lot's of beautiful pics as usual!makes me want to say Shane Shane come back Shane!lol kids good to be so resilient and looks like that car seat is getting a good workout!glad you made it safe and sound!Love and prayers grandpabooo

    ReplyDelete