Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ain't No Party Like a...

GoodSeed party, cause a GoodSeed party WON'T stop!

Day 159 (Friday 8-30):

We had the farewell party for Luis all wrapped up, then had a quick turn around to celebrate with GoodSeed's summer intern before her return to Germany. Her good-bye party was at the GoodSeed office, so I got to look around!
Tabernacle
Lots of great materials!
Visual Aides
Thai version of "By This Name", so exciting to see it again on this side of the world! A small booklet version of this was recently handed out in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. You can read more about it here.
Party! We had frozen yogurt with lots of yummy toppings.
After the party, we went home for a rest/nap time, then went to the Coe's for a cook out. All sorts of garden fresh veggies and STEAK. Yep, steak, we were so spoiled the entire time we were in Idaho (and Canada).
This kids friendly house had a box of toys, Kees utilized it often.
Looking out the window.
She may have ripped a couple of these magazines, sorry Karyn
When we left the party, they gave my kiddos balloons, Kees took a nap with his.
I want to live in this tree.
The Coes have a really fun basement apartment, and their landlord and lady let them use their awesome yard to host the cook out.
My kids have little exposure to grass. So this is exciting.
Doug said Kora looked like a garden fairy.
There were a lot of bees, Kees had to fight them to eat his food, he thought that was kind of fun.
 And guess what else? I got invited to go on a girly shopping trip to Spokane Valley. (FYI It's Spo-can if you say Spo-cane, you'll be a laughing stock)

Day 160 (Saturday 8-31):

Saturday was the first OU game. Doug was happy to stay home with the kiddos and watch college football.  He also played legos with them.  Doug told me that Kees had the most fun cleanin them up. Doug told Kees that he was one quarter of the way done.  Kees latched onto the "quarter" word, and kept counting more and more quarters as he cleaned.You know? I say, whatever works!
A lovely mess if ever I saw one
Daddy and Kees, football and legos, the beginning of a Saturday tradition, I hope.
They also got the chance to relax in the varied and wonderful hammocks in the back yard.  I was never able to successfully relax in the hammocks with the kiddos due to the precarious nature with which Kora lives her life. Doug's mellow demeanor and insanely slow heart rate are perfect for this type of activity. More power to you, Douglas.
Hammock time
Giggly
Love those faces
This is how she dances
Kees, what are you doing?
Kora looks like a little puppy with paws.
Where's Kees?
In the meantime, I was shopping and starting to wonder if GoodSeed had been spying on me. How did they know shopping is my love language? And how did they find just the right shopping buddy to laugh at all my jokes!?! I was dragged back to reality when lunchtime was overlooked for a few hours. Rule number one: Kellee must eat, every 2 hours. But no worries, I packed peanut butter crackers and  a brownie. And offered to share with no one. I should probably re-evaluate my hoarding tendencies, if I'm expecting to keep all these new friends. Perhaps they didn't notice I was shoveling snacks in my face with no regard for those around me. (If you did, and you're reading this, I promise to pack extras next time.
They have a man candle section at Yankee Candle. Do men go into Yankee  Candle? Apparently someone in their marketing department thought THIS was a good idea.  I love bacon, more than most people, but this is too far.
Yeah, if I liked that smell and/or it didn't give me an allergy attack.

This was a cultural event.  It's sort of like Subway, but fancier and you pay first.  I was confused, asked a lot of questions and told the worker my life story.  I talk a lot when I'm nervous...and other times.

A few of the things we bought.

The day could have ended at this point, and I would have been as happy as a lark. But, they topped the day off with a trip to see the lake and another cook out! And the lake had giant pretzels, I love those!  Doug and the kids met us at the lake. The locals claimed the water was warm, they lied.
We were supposed to meet everyone at the dam, we took that literally and ended up in the wrong place.  We eventually found them.
When we found the group, I found this lady!
Awww, sand, sun, water, and fun!


The water was freezing their tiny toes.

Kora loves getting dirty.


I was happy to see the kiddos after my day of shopping!

They have a concession stand, Kora is celebrating!
Kees loves her so much, he's sharing his Cheetos.


Next up, hamburgers, hot dogs, and brats!  Delicious food, another fun back yard, and superb company. Can I live here?

Playing peek a boo behind this bench.

Kees found these rocks in their backyard, he called them "mysterious rocks".



No comments:

Post a Comment