Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Crazy Beetle Bug

Day 169 (Monday 9-9):

I seriously only took one photo this day, of a weird beetle bug that got on my dad's neck while he was BBQing.  So, I know we barbecued, but I've forgotten everything else...so sad.

Forgot about this one, I saw it on Pi Eiw's facebook page, hilarious!

Crazy beetle!


Day 170 (Tuesday 9-10):

A very special day in history! We got boxes from GoodSeed!  All kinds of fabulous materials, we've already been visiting people and passing some stuff out. So exciting to be able to share about these awesome materials.  And, if you didn't realize, a lot of their stuff is downloadable for free on their website! (You can check it out here.)  You can also read about how the book "By This Name", the one we shared with our church in Thailand, is being used to reach 10,000 people!  Praying for God's name to be glorified through the materials that were handed out. Read more about it here.

On to the pictures...
BOXES!
This was better than Christmas, birthday, New Year's and Halloween combined!  I was literally jumping up and down, Doug was a smidge miffed that I spread all this stuff out, but I was just too excited to contain myself. I smoothed things over by neatly re-packing the box (and have since organized all these goodies in our van, so we're always prepared!)
Kees spent at least an hour using Grampa's "pinchie" to clean under the microwave stand.  He was excited about every. single. discovery. And insisted on showing Gramee every item!
She's a laundry helper.
Reading
Getting dirty, waiting on Jim, Grampa's buddy to stop by.
The most beautiful mess I've ever seen.
He's a monster.
Kora's new best friend: Jim!  He was in attendance at our wedding. There's a famous story related to this. Doug's groom's cake had a homemade Sooner Schooner on top of it, hand made by a dear friend, Joy Bennett. One of my relatives from Texas wore a University of Texas shirt to the reception. Jim took the cake topper and gave it to her and we never saw it again. He denied doing this, but I have audio evidence from the wedding video.  It's a great joke in our family!  I sincerely hope she didn't take it home and burn it. We got married on OU/TX weekend, and watched the game in the airport on the way to our honeymoon, OU won that year!



No comments:

Post a Comment