Friday, August 30, 2013

Missing Mayo

In real life, it's been quite a few days since these days should have been written, so I'm glad I have pictures to jog my memory, but I may not remember as much as I would like.  So nice to hear clicking computer keys again, it drives Doug nuts because I hit the keys really hard, I like to think I'm just very emphatic with my work.

Day 143 (Wednesday):

I only remember this day because of the pictures. My mom made a banana humming bird/mocking bird/mocking jay cake.  I think it was actually called humming bird cake, but Doug likes to tease me about the Hunger Games, so he called it the Mocking Jay cake. 
Doug smashing bananas.

My mom has a lot of terrible/wonderful things at her house. Not sure which category these kid paint markers fall into.  Kora used it as lipstick...leaning towards terrible.

Ipad in the floor...why not?

You'd think we don't feed her and pantry food sneaking has become necessary. I promise you that's not the case.

Kristee, my sister, and her daughter Deanna came over for the day since we were planning both planning to head out of town the next week and we'd only seen them once since we got back from Thailand....if that's not right, Doug will let you know. He's the official fact checker, I usually just go with what sounds right and hope for the best.  The kids had a great time, of course. Deanna, who is terrrified of bugs, has absolutely no problem with wormy things.  She was very interested in them.  And this was the day, Kees was so brave, he actually walked all the way around to the back of the house with Grampa and Mommy was no where in sight. Huge progress, HUGE!
Girly nail painting. I painted ONE of Kora's big toes.

Deanna couldn't choose and painter her toes several different colors.

All the girls!  (And me, I'm taking the picture, and Kora's little head is visible if you look for it.

Back porch, Popsicle!

2 pools, because one just isn't enough.  The one in front is really shallow, so I guess it's sort of justified.

Kees thought squeezing this duck and making it "use the bathroom" was so funny.  Not sure the nicest way to say "use the bathroom", pretty sure no matter how I say it, my mother will be offended.

Kora stole Grampa's chair and got it nice and wet for him.  She's sitting between Gramee and Aunt Kristee.

A sucker!!!

Grampa let her do this.

Thanks a lot Grampa...add sarcastic tone if you're using my voice and genuine appreciation if you're using Kora's.

Why would God give this boy these eye lashes...doesn't seem fair.

They found some type of critter, but I forgot what.

Kora is keeping a safe distance.

There's is a tiny, tiny worm, somewhere on her hand.

They followed it for a while.

Grampa had a tiny pinwheel in his yard, it was from their cousin's birthday party that they missed (back when we were in Thailand).

Worms, worms, and more worms.

Shot from the ground looking up.

Pinwheel.

They enjoyed this thing.

Putting his flag up or something.

Kora is helping.

Saying bye bye, Kora loves going places, I think she wanted Aunt Kristee to take her along.

Kees went with Grampa to pick cucumbers to send with Aunt Kristee.

After church, getting ready to go to Grandma Sheryl's place. Grampa is sharing his glow bracelets.

The princess being carried by one of her subjects.

This is how she kept them from falling off...she's such a girl.

Kees really loved having these bracelets for the car ride.

Day 144 (Thursday):

We headed back to Doug's mom house after church Wednesday.  Then I got to go shopping at Crest with my cousin, Randee (she's a girl, thought I should clarify).  So, every single thing I've ever wanted at the grocery store, I've found easily since coming back.  But not the fancy mayo.  Apparently Crest doesn't carry that.  I've become so entitled and began expecting the heavens to open for me every time I go shopping.  It was a rude awakening when I couldn't find garlic mayo, I'm still trying to understand why bad things happen to good people. But there were plenty of other interesting things at the store for my friends to see, near and far.  So I'll include those pictures and do my best to remember why I took them in the first place.   Here goes....
New cart, it had two baskets!

These other carts were tall and had a place to fit two kids, now I need to go back and see if my kids would love or hate this set up.  It might be survival of the fittest.

This cracked me up: "enchilado". When we were younger, our grandma, Moma T. would always say, "enchilado, taca, and burrita" apparently it caught on.

Some type of new fangled mixture of olive oil and butter with fancy flavors.


I really wanted to try the peach yogurt with pistachios because it sounded like an interesting combination, but I was too cheap to buy it.

Okay, there are a few things in America that feel overwhelming, the choices available in frozen pizzas is one of them.  I'm terrible at making decisions and this was way too many options.

Cool whip has frosting now, thought you should know.

I don't know what this is, but I'm fighting the urge to buy them all and hoard the bottles for an unknown art project down the road. Not having a house helps in times like these.

Honey Mustard and Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins. I don't like Wheat Thins, this isn't winning me over.

For Amanda!  You cook meat in one flavor packet, then top it with the second one. Layering flavors...so interesting. (Here is a link if you're interested in seeing what all the flavors are).

At the end of the day, I realized I love food more than my children, so I took this picture.



2 comments:

  1. Love it as usual! By the way, God gave Kees those eyelashes because if he's like his dad the hair on top of his head will fall out and he will at least have pretty eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete