Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cheetos for Breakfast

Day 128 (Tuesday):

Monday night we came over to Doug's mom's for a late dinner, then went to bed around 11.
I didn't take any pictures, but Grandma was excited to have all her grandbabies in one place at one time. We had to wait on Madeline till after band practice ended.
Kora woke up a little before 5, and since I was starving for some odd reason, I decided we'd just get up and snack. I was trying not to be too loud, so we hid in the laundry room and ate some cheetos we found in there.  Kora loved exploring.  She found tools, dirty clothes
She likes this idea

Yummy! (You can get Cheetos in Thailand, but we didn't eat them very often.

There's tons of delicious yogurt in Thailand, but no peach...this tasted better than I remember.  And who doesn't love Muenster?

She loves hiding under things!  Grandma Sheryl stocked her house with all our favorite treats. Can you see the blue gatorade?  She also bought lots of sandwich stuff, fritos and bean dip, pull n peel twizzlers, and peanut butter m & ms and who knows what all else. We feel special!

Peeking out.

After our snack, I decided Kora could take a bath. She loves bath time and I figured it would kill some time.

What's this thing do?

 Eventually everyone else woke up.  Doug's mom took us out to lunch at one of our favorite Mexican places, Ted's Cafe Escondido...if you're ever in the OKC area, don't miss this! Kora was a crazy person, more than usual, so I didn't get any pictures because I was chasing her around the place and trying not to sit down in the floor and throw a tantrum myself.  I love to eat and not being able to enjoy a meal because I'm chasing a crazy lady kind of drives me nuts.

After lunch, I NEEDED to go to Big Lots.  I wasn't able to get everything I was needing at Walmart because I got so overwhelmed and Big Lots has less choices, so it seemed like a great idea.  I think Doug was getting annoyed with all my questions and bubbly energy because he was more than happy to send me to the store.  Two days in a row, shopping without kids, it was weird.  I took pictures of some of the fun stuff I saw while I was out.
Dr. Pepper being advertised at McDonald's!


I love Big Lots.

Haven't seen stuff like this in a while.

Part of the reason I went to Big Lots was because they have "less" options than Walmart, but the cereal choices were still overwhelming.

Chocolate flavored dehydrated mini marshmallows for 33 cents.  They knew I was I coming.

I always posted pictures of weird chip flavors in Thailand, then I get back to America and they have Chicken and Waffle Lays! They also have Cheesy Garlic bread and Sriracha.

It's really hard not to make impulse purchases sometimes.

I need a rice cooker, soon, this one was $20, so I took a picture so I would remember what this one looked like.  A rice cooker is a big deal so I need to price compare.

We love Duck Dynasty.  I've noticed that it's everywhere these days.  This Durango had a sticker that said, "Happy, Happy, Happy!"


When I got back from shopping we headed to Paden, OK to stay a couple nights with my parents.  Paden is about an hour and fifteen minutes away from Doug's mom's house. The kids slept. When we got there, Kees wanted to finish his nap.  We got there around 4 and Kees slept until 11:30. Then he was hungry and wanted to be up.  ARGH! We should have woken him up, and we did try a few times, but I guess we should have put him in the bathtub or something. He ended up staying awake for a few different chunks of the night.
Grandpa's girl

No comments:

Post a Comment