Tuesday, March 25, 2014

There's a hole in my mattress, dear Liza...

Saturday (2-22-14):

This was our last Saturday in Oklahoma City and our last Saturday with Doug's side of the family.  We had a wedding to attend in Tulsa, but we wanted to see the Putnams one last time.  It was also the dreaded packing day.  And as if packing wasn't stressful enough, the two previous nights I had slept on a deflating air mattress. I had Doug inspecting for a hole, and the kids were going crazy, assuming Doug on the floor meant play time. So, I had the brilliant idea to throw them in the bath tub. The be penned in, they usually want to play a while any way. Doug could fix the mattress, I could pack and clean. Done and done, right?  Um, no, because my life doesn't work like that.  But thanks to the blog, I get so much more joy out of all the little mishaps because I have the near immediate gratification of sharing publicly just how weird things can get.  Kora decided to exit the tub, by herself, and promptly peed on the floor.  I ran around (like a chicken with my head cut off, no less) to find a towel.  Stuck her back in the tub, threw the towel over the pee and got busy doing something else....whatever it was, it was not as important as removing the pee towel.  Because horror of all horrors,  I turned around and Kora had wrapped herself in THE towel. Seriously?!  Back in the tub, and crying, not me this time, Kora.  Whew!  We did eventually get all packed up, but it took longer than expected...it always does. Thanks again, to Grandma Sheryl who has housed us, fed us, loved us, and put up with our many shenanigans, with a lot of grace I might add!

Finally on our way to Putnams!


It was great weather (in real time, we've already moved to Idaho, and looking at these pictures is depressing, they don't believe in warm here. Sunshine? Sometimes, but not warm. I heard I have to wait till July. But hey, it's hotter than you know where in Oklahoma in July, so I'm sure I'll appreciate Idaho and all it's gloriousness all the more!)

Shevaun, Sheryl, and Doug on a couch. I wish I played guitar and could make up a song for this.  Maybe I should add "learn guitar" to my non-existent bucket list.

I brought all my hair junk and make up to get ready.  My hair started down, then I pulled it up.  On the way to the wedding I was so bored I took it down again, then put it back up. Wow, I have serious impulse control issues.

Uncle Tim does not say "no" to nieces and nephews, and I'm okay with that.  Kora has so many great uncles!

Since we had a few of us together and it was our "good-bye" day, I decided to take pictures, because I am most definitely THAT aunt.  It took me a while to find the right spot.  People sort of cooperated with me, or was it tolerated me?  Hmmm...fine line.

Okay, her we have: Kees, Jacob, Alex, Claire, Grandma holding Kora, and Madeline. (We're missing T and Randee's belly that was growing a human at the time, in real time, she gave birth a few days ago, to a REAL girl).

Grandma with my offspring

Grandma with Putnam kidlets.

Best photo bomb award goes to Kees, who dances to the beat of his own drum.

And my little princess. I wasn't that into dolls as a kid, that I remember, but my mother may disagree. Regardless of where the truth lies on that matter, I have so, so much enjoyed dressing this girl, despite the many fights about shoes, pajamas, and house shoes...more on that another time!

I wanted pictures of my kids once I got them all dressed up, Claire wanted to join in the fun and I don't tell other people's kids no. Let's be honest, though, she totally makes these pictures great!  And I did get some with my kid later.  I love that Claire!



Saying our good-byes and getting cousin hugs.


For some reason, Kees wanted to hug me too. And who am I to argue.


Ready to go.

Waiting for the wedding to start.

As I look back at this picture, I'm mentally yelling at myself for not walking Kora around the place till the last possible second, then handing her a phone during the ceremony. Or better yet, NOT TAKING children to a wedding. I NEVER learn.


This is Shantell, Doug's cousin, getting married.  Beautiful ceremony...what I caught of it anyway.  Doug and I took turns keeping Kora from destroying the bliss of the day for others.

Yum, yummy food!

We got home LATE!



Sunday (2-23-14):

We took Grandma back to her place, then drove to Paden. It made for a late night, but we were having a special guest speaker at church and didn't want to miss it.  Kees did not want to wake up.  I'm pretty sure I dressed him while he was sleeping.


After church, I did the Sonic run, and picked up a few things at the grocery store.  I also still had curly hair from the day before, FUN!


And guess what?  SWEET POTATO TOTS. I didn't see this until after we ordered, but I took note, so I could go back and get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment