Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Crazy Krispie Treats

Monday (2-24-14):

Subway, hats and gloves, cow drawing

Sunday at church I made plans to go to lunch with my friend Holly.  Sorry, I didn't get any pictures.  We had such a great time chatting, then we walked down to visit Abbie, another friend of mine.  Her and Holly hadn't met yet, so I got to introduce them.  I love having time with other ladies, always such a good thing!  They're both great. I miss them.

When I got home, I discovered my children were playing with hats and gloves. Also, Kees had a band-aid on his middle finger and kept showing it to me inappropriately, excuse him. :)




Kees showed Mamaw how to play games on Gramee's kindle.

Kees drew a cow!  There were instructions in the puzzle book that Gramee gave him.

Tuesday (2-25-14):

My kids love oatmeal. If you don't know this, you JUST started reading the blog. 


Getting a bath before Aunt Kristee and Deanna came to play.

Mamaw's schedule was booked with the dream team. We weren't sure she'd get any of her physical therapy done if we had 3 kids in the house, so we played in the church fellowship hall till the coast was clear.

Kees drew a rainbow.




Deanna is hard to capture on camera. She's fast.

Grampa gave the kids suckers that we can only roughly estimate were at least 8 years old.  Do you remember going to your Grandma's house and all the hard candy (butterscotch, life savers and what not) was gummy.  Yep.  That's what these suckers were like, not one of the kids seemed to notice or care.  Thankfully they all survived.

Grampa gave the kids these little angel pet things.  Deanna's and Kora's match and Kees had a different one.  Deanna ended up leaving hers, so Grampa decided to write on them with a sharpie so we would know which one belonged to which kid. He put their last initial on the belly and their first and middle initials on their feet.  Kora, a) saw Grampa write on a stuffed animal, and b) saw Grampa writing on body parts.  THANKS A LOT Grampa. And I want everyone to remember this ill-fated anecdote, because I'll refer back to it in the days to come.

Aunt Kristee chasing Kora. Good luck with that, she's tricky.

I have better pictures of what happened next, but they're on my camera and I'm lazy. Suffice to to say, the kids decided to play church aka they made us sit in these chairs so they could tell us a bunch of stuff we weren't allowed to do. Some of which included not drinking water, taking pictures, or talking.

We got the call from Gramee that the dream team had left, so we headed back over to the house.  Gramee made bracelets with the kids.

We MADE Kristee stay for dinner.  Dad smoked something...can't remember, maybe pork chops and my mom made weirdo rice krispie treats (more to come on that one).

After the Ravans left, my kids finagled popsicles out of  Grampa AND rides on the blanket...up and down the hallway.


Kora lost interest and played with the peg board.

Kees fell asleep on Doug's lap.

Kora and I made silly selfies.

There are no pictures of the crazy rice krispie treats my mom made, she used rice krispies and cocoa puffs and added peanuts. She had no recipe, she just made it up.  I was not impressed with the idea, but they were actually good, sorry I doubted you Gramee.

No comments:

Post a Comment