Sunday, March 2, 2014

Everything is AWESOME!

Sunday (2-16-14):

After church we picked up a hot and ready pizza and chinese.  Kora was offended that I offered her pizza and ate half of Doug's General Tso's.  I keep forgetting she's Thai.  She'd have eaten that pizza if I had ketchup to put on it, just like her other Bubba, Pi Tone. ;)

We had to eat in a hurry, because guess what?  Grandma Sheryl hosted a girl's day to go see Beauty and the Beast.  It was her, Shevaun, Madeline, Randee and yours truly.  The show was at 2, but we needed to park and find our seats.

The show was so good.  I may have gotten in trouble for taking a photo, during halftime (okay intermission), with my back to the stage because the picture was ONLY of us. Apparently it's a Disney copyright thing.  I got news for you Disney, my family's faces are not covered by any of your copyrights, unless you want to make a movie about my life, in which case I expect a contract and at least $5!

After the FABULOUS show, we went to eat at a fancy schmancy place called Cheever's.  I have a foodie friend, her name is Amanda, she lives in Thailand. She also cares enough about me to read all of these silly blogs, for her, I include this link to their menu (here).  And let me tell you, she'll read the menu and be able to make this food, McGyver style in Thailand.  She's legit.






Anyway, the food was so, so yummy!  They brought out bread, and a cube of butter with pink sea salt sprinkled on top.  We order this chicken appetizer (Roasted Chicken and Pepper Jack Streudel, if you want to find the description on the menu, Amanda).  It was outrageously delicious.  I ordered the Maple Brined Pork Tenderloin, Sheryl and Shevaun got the Shrimp and Grits, and Madeline and Randee ordered the Chicken Fried Steak.

We had no room for dessert, but we decided to go back to Shevaun's place, where all the guys were with the kids.  I had Sheryl swing by the store and bought the stuff to make that chocolate gooey cake, as seen previously on this blog.  Kees and Claire helped lick the bowl!




This was a great kick off to our last week in OKC. There were times I felt like we were never going to make it to Idaho, and now it's feeling more and more real. I'm excited, but we will miss family.  I am so glad that I already know quite a few people in Idaho, and I know they are going to be family for us. Can't wait to join the team IN PERSON and learn from them. 

Monday (2-17-14):

Grandma was off for president's day, so she took us to see the Lego Movie. It was a blast! It took a little convincing to get Doug to agree. He did not want take Kora out during her nap time, the last movie we saw in the theater was Frozen. Kora wasn't terrible, but she didn't sleep and she was somewhat difficult, wanting to get our if her seat, etc. I promised Doug that if she wasn't good, I would take her out, since this was something him and Kees had wanted to do for a long time. I was so glad she fell asleep about 5 minutes in! Everything is AWESOME!!!












It's been time to cut Kees's hair, for a while now. It seems like these past 6 months, I've put it off more than usual because it's strange cutting your kid's hair at someone else's house. I could take him to get it done, but why would I pay to have my son cry and scream in public?

Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment