Thursday, February 27, 2014

Super Bowl, Super Snow


Sunday (2-2-14):

Kora woke up early, and it was snowing! My dad was already dressed for church, and it started coming down so fast, they had to cancel services! He was so bummed! 


Kora and I got to play while we waited for Kees to wake up.


We had a tea party/picnic!
Kora was really wanting to play with Kees. She set these chairs out and said, "Bubba!"

Kees finally woke up and saw the snow!!!


While we were looking out the window, I asked Kora to say, "cheese!"  So funny!
My kids loved the snow! And I am so thankful for the snow boots that were gifted to us (from Freedom Fellowship in Wisconsin). Every time we get to use them, it puts a big smile on my face! Not to mention, the kids LOVE them!  I got so many great photos, so bear with me!



And where there's snow, there should always be hot chocolate!

If I recall correctly, this was the day Kora tried to pour Sprite into her play teacup, that has a HOLE in the side.  My life is exciting!

Kees had just laid out his car mat, when Kora jumped right on top of it.  He wasn't thrilled!  The look on her face says a lot. 

This girl loves popcorn and Gramee.

Kora can do a lot of things that she used to not be able to.  That includes, but is not limited to, being able to help herself to the contents in the fridge.  Pure contentment and pride!

This girl's an eater!  Thank you, LORD! At least we have one.  She's slightly obsessed with corn.

Gramee and Grampa always, and I mean always, have suckers.  She's not complaining.

Gramee got this mat for Kees for Christmas, and he LOVES it. And they've been quite creative with it! They use it as a tent, roll themselves up in it, and pretend it's a blanket. 

Grampa's snow ice cream. Best recipe ever, ask him how he does it!

One great thing about being back at Gramee and Grampa's place, is playing with all our new toys.  Their house is the "storage" house, so there's plenty of fun things to do!  Kora got this new baby cart from them for her birthday. (In real time 2-27-14, this is the day we're packing up to move, and we are surprisingly going to have room for this puppy!)

Their curiosity is so fun!  I love how kids playing is their work. They are learning so much every day and growing too fast.

Dancing is always a good idea...
Eating dinner in their jammies, leftover brisket. Grampa made tiny pieces for Kora and put them in a cup for her.  And cheese, don't forget the cheese, under any circumstances.

Yogurt, seemed like a good idea at the time, such a mess!
More fun,  is anyone tired yet?  These kids have energy to spare.  If I could bottle it, I'd be rich, or stingy and really productive. (We were "watching" the Super Bowl, which was Super boring! Glad we had these two to keep us entertained, because unless you are a Seahawks fan, that game was like watching paint dry).
This happened.  Who remembers Stephen's idea for making Dr. Pepper syrup?  Yes, yes I did!
All of our lovely snow gear, drying by the door.  This sight made me happy as I was heading off to bed.


Monday (2-3-14):

It was still snowy out, and our day felt like "skipping school", even though none of us go to school, it was just a fun, fun day.  Kora and I made cinnamon rolls!

Who needs pants? Not this girl.

Seriously, these kids are so fun, crazy, yes, but fun!
Grampa helped Kora comb her hair. I'm pretty sure the comb went missing after this.  I think he eventually found it, but I'm not sure where it turned up.
Oh look, Grampa talked her into dressing appropriately! Yay, Grampa!

More fun in the snow, and guess what, we saw a dog!!!



This dog is bigger than both my kids.  And so cute, but not cuter than my kids, cause that's not possible.

This dog got dangerously close to peeing on Kora's snow boot. Which wouldn't be too concerning, except Kora is in a "lick everything in sight" phase.  So I was glad he missed.

Kora was not offended by the peeing incident and wanted desperately to feed the dog some of her snow.  He did not oblige her.

Kees ate snow off of our van, and Kora tried to shovel, but I think that shovel weighs more than she does.

This face!

Kora got to swing!  She was so excited.
Kees helped push her. Sweet brother.

Sometimes, I have genius ideas. And this one qualifies! ( I also made a Dr. Pepper snow cone.)

My kids loved it too!

While Kora was napping, and Mamaw was having one of her many "visitors" (speech therapy, occupational therapy, bath lady...take your pick), Kees and I worked on school work.

And then, we got to go with Grampa to town to get Mamaw's Sonic.  When we got to the bank, Kees said, "I love this spot.  I'm hiding in the dark, spying on all the cars that drive by."  This is what's hilarious, he started making these faces with zero prompting or posing.  I cannot make this stuff up.  I love, love being a mom!  (I should also explain, that we had gone to the grocery store and I got some Muenster cheese, Kees calls it "the cheese that Grandma likes" because Grandma Sheryl has some every evening as a snack.  He cracks me up.)
Kora loving on Hello Kitty.

Gramee spoils these two, in more ways than one.  This night, she tirelessly drove them up and down the hall to Idaho.  I love how she loves on my kiddos and has lots of conversations with them about where we're headed next, in a FUN way. I try to do the same thing, but I don't do it as well.  Great memories!  Thanks GRAMEE!

While Mamaw was sleeping, the kids enjoyed her lift chair.

Driving!

Kees packed this suitcase.  He told me that he would deliver some stuff to Idaho for me.  Such a helper.  Unfortunately, that suitcase is full of tiny teddy bear sweaters, too bad it's not full of junk I really need, like nail polish, Dr. Pepper, and Head Country BBQ sauce. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment